Filefind / Search

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Valkyri001, Feb 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Valkyri001

Valkyri001 Registered Member

o_ODoes it help, that when I read a specific file name in someones question, if I go into my explorer and search that (filename*.*) or is this one of the diff's between real files and the Shi?y ones o_O
    Would I be able to find it even with the advanced tab? or is it easier to just run my protection progs.

2. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

Hi Valkyri001,

Could you give me an example ?
    I am trying to figure out where to move this topic, but frankly, I haven't got a clue what you mean. :oops:

Regards,

Pieter

3. Valkyri001

:)Sure! I was just about to leave when!!
    I'm reading a thread i guess you call it. Theres a file name in that. I open explorer and use the tools/find/files or folders and search the default path which in my case is desktop. check the subdirectories box and then search.
    Typically you have to have Show all files turned on. If the filename exists that you r searching for the return window will list every where the file is. I'm just not sure if this will work for some of the stuff i'm seeing here in these questions. It should but I'm not sure.
    Does this explain what I'm trying to do? Maybe I just want to know if these buggy things are actually files or not?

4. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

Ah. The light just went on over here. :)
    You want to see if filenames mentioned on the board are on your computer, so you can see if it is a common file or not.

You will have to be carefull with that, since a lot of malware use filenames that belong to other programs or Windows files.

Regards,

Pieter

5. Valkyri001

:)Ah! got it.
    If i were as proficient with windows as I am with dos!
    So this buggy stuff is just strings attached, right.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.