FileChecker at Startup

Discussion in 'FileChecker & ID-Blaster Forum' started by snapdragin, Dec 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

Hello Javacool :)

i have had FileChecker on my XP-Home for a bit now and it starts up fine when i startup the pc....but on my Win98se, i don't seem to be able to get it to start on system startup. Is this something that is only available in XP?
    i looked through the forum but couldn't find any answer to that...or i missed it?

btw...i love your programs!! :D

best regards,

snap

2. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

You will need to create a short-cut to the FileChecker executable, and then place that shortcut in your "StartUp" folder in your Start Menu.

FileChecker currently only supports registering as a service (the better and easier way of having it boot up on start up) under Windows NT4, 2000, and XP. This is probably the method you used to set it to boot up on start up on your Windows XP system. :)

Best regards,

-Javacool

3. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

yes! That was how i set it up on my XP, as a "service" to start on system-startup. i had just read about doing something like that on another board...placing the shortcut into the StartUp Folder, and thought that was what i should do on my Win98se for FileChecker to automatically startup, but thought i'd better ask the Expert first. ;)

Thank you Javacool!

regards,
    snap

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.