File System Error: FAT corrupted

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Blender32, Jun 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blender32

Blender32 Registered Member

I get the above error when going to creat a baseline backup. I go to to Create Image-Start Now then it analyzes all the disks I have. I go to checkthe one I want to back up, my C: drive, and there's a red X next to the check. When I right-click it, it says the error message i put in the subject line. I tried chkdsk with the /f command and nothing changes---the error message is still there. I click continue and I get the following warning prompt:

Some partitions contain errors and can only be imaged sector-by-sector. It is recommended that you exit Acronis True Image and check the partitions with your system's disk checking tools. Are you sure you want to continue with imaging?

What should I do?

2. tachyon42

tachyon42 Registered Member

try chkdsk with /r option

3. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

Are you running Windows XP or Windows 98?

In Win98 run Scandisk with the Thorough option.

In WinXP, open Windows Explorer. Right click on the drive your are trying to backup and select Properties. On the Tools tab, click on Check now under Error Checking. Check both boxes and then click Start. Reboot and let the scan run.

Try again to make an image and let us know what you find.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.