File submission

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by beethoven, Jan 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beethoven

beethoven Registered Member

Earlier today I got an alert " file trace: default trojan filename - RAT.Haxdoor".
    I then submitted this file via the program to TDS.

Just wondering what the next step is? Do they always or sometimes come to you with a result? Is this service available for everyone or just for licensed operators (I am still trialling)? At this point I am not even sure whether the alert might not be a false positive, so I would of course appreciate some feedback :)

2. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Hi there Beethoven,
    you'll get a reply about your file. If not it might be wise to resubmit it zipped as it might be lost.

Hope to welcome you soon as a registered TDS operator! :)

3. beethoven

beethoven Registered Member

Thanks Jooske,

I followed your advice and resubmitted the file zipped.

I do like TDS-3 though I find it slightly more demanding than other programs. As I mentioned I am still trialling TDS but will have to decide rather soon as I don't find it very convenient running too many programs side by side. While I understand that some may be complementary (Nod32 & TDS) or can be used on a one off basis (Ad-Aware/Spybot), I guess you should not run more than one real-time AT to avoid conflicts and CPU overload. My options are TDS, Trojanhunter, Ewido and Spysweeper with the first two my favourites. If I ask your advice, I guess you might be a bit prejudiced :D but still I would appreciate your comments. :)

4. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Of course i prefer TDS for many reasons, but so may others have their own taste for others. This is what evaluations are for.
    In the registered version you can install the exec protect which blocks any malicious code from executing and installing itself before it would be allowed to run at all. Further the detection engine is rather strong and the databases are very large so a lot is covered with daily updates.
    Did you in the sticky threads read Wayne's thread about TDS - so easy to use? For in fact it is just a few buttonclicks to have your updates and scans done, and you grow into using the program for the network functions and all there is.

EDIT:
    There are no known conflicts. But when using a scanner (any scanner at all) it is always wise to close all others and their resident protection when actively scanning with one so it has full acces to all files.
    Only in TDS you should not close the exec protect as that is just a hook for executables, not blocking any scanner from seeing files.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.