File Shredding Apps...

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by guest, Jun 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blainefry

blainefry Registered Member

From everything I've read, that's not true at all. All the reports I've seen from people testing it over the years have reported performance is significantly better with the paging file enabled. I don't think I've seen one report in which someone said overall performance was even unaffected (let alone "better") when it was disabled.

Obviously this is going to be especially true on systems with smaller amounts of RAM. I wouldn't even think about disabling the paging file with anything less than at least 6-8GB. And then of course there's applications like Photoshop which more or less require it anyway.

2. CloneRanger

CloneRanger Registered Member

@ blainefry

100% as far as privacy is concerned anyway ! And as i've mentioned many times, i've NEVER had ANY issues with disabling it !

3. blainefry

blainefry Registered Member

I'm not sure how you measure that. If the system encryption is bypassed, a paging file is going to be irrelevant. If the encryption remains intact, then it's also irrelevant, as far as privacy is concerned.

If you say so. You're the first person I've heard report that. You must have a crapload of RAM, or never do anything/use any programs that require much RAM.

4. CloneRanger

CloneRanger Registered Member

@ blainefry

I'm talking about IF a comp was used in forensics etc, then Without a PageFile, it Can't be examined !

Only 2 Gigs of RAM on my XP/SP2, which is MORE than enough for ALL my Apps/Programs etc ! Plenty of others on here over the years have testified that they were/are fine also.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.