File sharing is not enabled despite importing sharing.rie

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by orlandu, Sep 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. orlandu

orlandu Registered Member

I am using my computer in a local area network which has an ip of 172.20.x.y and 255.255.252.0. I downloaded sharing rie and changed the field with ip addresses to my respective ip addresses. But i still cannot access other people's computers and my friend couldn't access mine either. Are there other ways to enable file sharing? Thank you in advance

2. Frederic

Frederic LnS Developer

Some questions:
    Does it work if Look 'n' Stop is stopped ?
    Is there any blocked packet in the logs when you try to connect the other computers ?
    Could you confirm the computer you try to reach are on the same subnetwork (172.20.x.y) ?

Thanks,

Frederic

3. orlandu

orlandu Registered Member

Yes, file sharing works when look'n'stop is turned off. I am sure that the computers that i try to access and that try to access my computer are on the same subnetwork 172.20.x.y. I don't see any block packet when i try to access other computers but when my friend tried to access my computer, it says all icmp types (nukes...) under rule and additional type eight. Followed by block incoming connections and additionals ports dest:www-http Src:1101 and 1098.

4. Frederic

Frederic LnS Developer

Hi,

You could try to allow this kind of packets (ICMP Type 8 which are Pings actually, and incoming connection on port 80), to see if it makes a difference.
    To do that just do a right click on these alerts from the log and select the rule addition in the menu.
    If it works, it would be strange, as standard file sharing is not supposed to use this kind of packets o_O

Frederic

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.