File Sharing For Network

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by xBOBxSAGETx, Feb 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xBOBxSAGETx

xBOBxSAGETx Registered Member

Okay for the people that know NOD32 when we first install NOD32 it asks us if we want to allow file sharing or not to allow file sharing correct? Okay well now that I realized that you can share files within the network with my PS3 I want to start sharing my files but Windows isn't sharing and it's telling me that it has to do with my firewall.I'm trying to figure it out but I can't find it anywhere in NOD32's "F5" interface. Can anyone help!? EDIT:I found that "Allow Sharing" option in Zones and Rules but I still can't find my computer in on my PS3. I also have a laptop with ESET NOD32 and it's visible on my PS3 I have no idea what to do!?!?! Any help is appreciated!

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

can your comp see ps3 ?

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Whenever you suspect the firewall to block a connection, enable logging of blocked connections in the IDS section of the firewall setup, reproduce the problem and post here the relevant records from your fw log.

4. xBOBxSAGETx

xBOBxSAGETx Registered Member

No I can't :/ but I got my PS3 to find my computer by turning my firewall into "learning mode"

@Marcos I couldn't find that could you give me some screen shots please? I would like to know how to do that for the future if anything happens :D

Thanks for the responses guys great to be here for the first time :D

5. MattJN

MattJN Former ESET Support Rep

Hello,

This article might be of some use to you.

Thanks,

Matt

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.