file shares go to war with RIAA

Discussion in 'ten-forward' started by Mr.Blaze, Jul 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr.Blaze

Mr.Blaze The Newbie Welcome Wagon

designed to keep the RIAA and other law enforcements outfits out.

file shares go too war with riaa

with a program called PeerGuardian

This program was developed by some skilled crakers designed to keep the RIAA and other law enforcements outfits out.

This program has about 1200 ips from well known spy RIAA groups and law enforcement, that are at this moment spying on our file-sharing usage.

How this program works, is it installs an IP blocker and inserts all the well known RIAA and other law informants Ips and blocks them from probing your file-sharing usage, They may still yet see some files, but this program hides protected information.

this is basically an application in my opinion like peek a boo

hers some thing no one has bother to use algaints the riaa

hacking is illegal
    when doing what they are doing is considered a wire tap because the pc is threw the phone line.
    invasion of privacy not to mention a Federal offense in opening mail

after all its mail just electronic mail some one with enough brains can sue the riaa and by are Federal laws even put them in jail lol

anyhow thats the latest news dont get mad at me im just posting whats going on around the internet as i belive this relates to security news

you can edited better if you want but if feels to me as a privacy issue here as well

2. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

3. Dan Perez

Dan Perez Retired Moderator

Hey Mr. Blaze,

I really do not think that what RIAA is doing (in terms of logging file sharing) is illegal as the people doing the file sharing are purposely making available those files to the public (and the RIAA is part of the public). Now, they (the file-sharers) can argue that they only want "regular users" to see their files and not RIAA and Law Enforcement but given that they have purposely placed the file resources "in the public domain", so to speak, the onus is on the people sharing the files to protect access to those files from the ones they want to disallow.

The example you cited in your post would be one such way but I really don't think it would do much good as it is too easy for RIAA to get an apparently non-affiliated internet segment to use for their reconaissance efforts.

4. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

5. Mr.Blaze

Mr.Blaze The Newbie Welcome Wagon

lol i dont know i just thought it was intresting news the first i ever heard of it.

to me i think they went about it the wrong way if holly wood and the multibillion dollar music industry want to stop pirating it simple

make software that can turn mp-3 or any other populer format that allows yopu to burn on cd and later be played by your cd player illigal lol.

mp3 format and ogg or what ever else is an electronic munipulation everything that goes threw your phone line is basicly confedinthial

now these companys want to muscle in on the internet yet they dont want to pay the format programers for useing the technoligy such as mp-3

is it me or something stink lol

i think any one who gets pulled over in there car and has an illigal copy of music playing on there cd stero should get charged 25 bucks for each illigal song for each difrent artist lol

but if you have the music on your pc and the only way to hear it is on you pcc then i dont see nothing wrong with it

it just like radio i can record radio with my tape recorder yet you dont see me goint to jail for it

or how about those companys that built in dvd burners or tape recorders or cd recorders in there steros

to me that should be illigal yet it isnt

yet my winmx is sheesh i think riaa is some losers

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.