File Scan Problem

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by CrownKing82, Mar 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CrownKing82

CrownKing82 Registered Member

Whenever I try to do a file scan nothing happens. I right click the file and it loads and indicates the file is being scanned, then nothing. It just sits there and does not complete the evolution. Every thing else appears to work fine - disk scans, etc. But can not seem to complete a file scan even a 10kb *.exe, txt, zip, rar, you name it... It doesn't hang, it just says scanning file I have left it set of an hour and it still indicates it is sacnning.

Using versions 3.21 registered

Sys WinXPSp1

Any help would be appreciated

2. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Hi CrownKing82 and welcome!
    When you see the other scans, do you see a result? something like "finished" and an empty alerts window or maybe some alerts in the bottom console?
    If nothing is found for a file scan it says nothing, when anything is found it shows in the bottom console.
    If i remember well this wish to have some indication like "nothing found" or "finished" will be taken care of in the next TDS version.
    You can close that bottom console with the X on it once ready (few seconds).

3. CrownKing82

Thanks for the welcome, Jooske!

Yes I get a finished indiaction when completing a disk or partition scan.

With the file scan I get nothing. The thing that is confusing and poorly engineered from a user interface POV, is that the screen continues to give a scanning message. If I undersatnd you correctly this is SOP for TDS-3. Very poorly done. The least that it should do is dismiss the screen, rather than sit there indicating a scanning process is still underway.

Well, thanks for your time and help

Best regards, CK82

4. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

It says also "ready". An extra line in the GUI "scan finished" or such a thing would help for many. It is done after a Full System Scan so it might not be difficult to add this for file scans too. The Bottom console is empty so we know there are no detections; the scanning process of one file is so fast you could miss the results if the bottom console would disappear automatically and you would probably do another scan to see a result.
    Staying there with a possible result enables you to decide what to do with it, as TDS does never automatically clean or delete a file for you.
    The power is we decide and we stay in the driver's seat.

For me the quality of detection and protection and the collection of many other analysing tools are very important, more important than fancy skins. But the wishes and remarks are taken to the TDS-4 development.

5. Jason_DiamondCS

Jason_DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

The interface aspect of TDS-3 has made us invest a lot of time into the interface for TDS-4 to ensure that everything is very easy to use and well designed from a user standpoint.

So whilst the capability of a program is certainly the most important thing as Jooske said, we know that interfaces play a major role in programs and have adjusted all of our future products to ensure this is so.

-Jason-

6. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Hope you don't change it too fancy :cool: I'm used to the obscure thing but i'll probably get used to a new layout too as long as i can find the right buttons to press :p
    and make it sing and dance on somebuddy's birthday, it's all ok. For the moment i even don't change the graphic bars with the seasons!
    Seriously, i hope to be able to enjoy the results of your effords soon!

7. Jason_DiamondCS

Jason_DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

8. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Not exactly fly by wire is it Jason? :p :D

9. FanJ

FanJ Guest

LOL Jason :D

[​IMG]

10. CrownKing82

I think we managed to reduce complexity!

That is just a joke incase anyone is wondering ;)

-Jason-
    Now That I can deal with! :D

CK82

11. Nimbo

Nimbo Registered Member

Thats the best you guys can do? Darn I was hoping for something even more complex... :p Just kidding... :D

12. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Imagine, we got driver's lessons with TDS-3, and now flight lessons with TDS-4, wireless as we go! Wow! i was just pressing some buttons there, very interesting results!

13. Finn McCool

Finn McCool Registered Member

That cockpit looks about as old and out of date as I am. :eek:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.