File properties: some strange thing

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by J at B, May 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. J at B

J at B Guest

Hi,

It's me, FanJ, at the moment at friends sitting behind their XP Home SP2 (Dutch) machine.
    Yesterday I downloaded for them a new MVPS HOSTS file and SpywareBlaster 3.3.

Looking at properties of:
    - spywareblastersetup33.exe
    - hosts.zip
    - hosts

I see at the bottom of the General tab, some words which I (as far as I know) never have seen before.
    Those words are in Dutch:
    ===
    Beveiliging:
    Dit bestand is afkomstig van een andere computer en wordt mogelijk geblokkeerd om deze computer beter te beveiligen.
    ===

I tried to translate them:
    ===
    Security:
    This file is coming from another computer and is possibly blocked to better protect this computer.
    ===

Does any of you recognise those words?
    Have those words always been there?

Thanks !!!
    Jan.

PS:
    I hardly dare to say it: the kids of my friends have installed Kazaa Lite on the PC. No need to say that I am absolutely not happy with that. But it is not my PC (well, I guess you understand the situation).

2. MikeBCda

MikeBCda Registered Member

Hi Jan,

I've seen that warning a few times, but unfortunately I can't remember the circumstances. If I remember correctly, though, the warning included an option to un-block the file(s) in question so they could be accessed normally.

3. J at B

J at B Guest

Hi Mike,

Thanks !
    Yes, you're right, there is indeed an option to un-block.

Warm regards, Jan (FanJ).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.