File naming in TI 2009

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Ranger Bob, Mar 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ranger Bob

Ranger Bob Registered Member

I have just recently upgraded to TI version 2009 from version 11 and I have a question I hope someone can help me with. In version 11 I ran two scheduled full image backups that used the following names.

Dell Mid-Week Full Image.tib
    Dell Sunday Full Image.tib

When the backups ran in version 11 the backups would be overwritten and the names reused. I am finding in version 2009 that this does not happening or at least each I have been running the backups a new backup is being added and nothing is overwritten. Am I possibly missing some setting or has something changed in version 2009 that is causing this?

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Ranger Bob,

Thank you for your interesting in Acronis True Image

Use scheme suggested by Vlad V:

1) At the "Backup method" step choose either "Incremental" or "Differential" method, select the "Create a new full backup after" checkbox and set "0" (zero) in the number of backups field. This will result in creating only full backups, but, in addition, will enable the "Automatic consolidation" step (disabled for the "Full" backup method), which will be needed for ensuring automatic deletion of the oldest backup.
    2) At the "Automatic consolidation" step select the "Number of backups exceeds" checkbox and set a limit of 1 backup.

It will result in creation of one full backup for every schedule task.

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

3. Ranger Bob

Thank you for your reply and the information. I have made the required changes you provided. My next scheduled backup is tomorrow so I will be able to test it then. This does seem like a fairly round about way to do something that was easy to do in the previous version.

4. Acronis Support

Hello Ranger Bob,

Let us know the results as soon as possible. We are looking forward to hearing back from you at your earliest convenience.

If you have any questions concerning Acronis software I'm always ready to help you.

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

5. Ranger Bob

I'm happy to report that my mid week full image seemed to work fine and I had only one backup. The backup does seem to be rather large so I hope it is replacing the image and not adding on to the existing backup.

6. Acronis Support

Hello Ranger Bob,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image

Thank you for your feedback. I am really glad to hear that the issue has been resolved.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

7. Ranger Bob

I thought at first the above method was working for me but I have used this method for quit some time now and it just does not work. No matter what I do the initial full image does not get replaced. A new one is always created so I end up with several full images. What is happening is that I will start out with Tuesday Full Image and the next week it creates Tuesday Full Image(1), etc. It does this for every scheduled full image I am trying to create. I simple want to overwrite the previous full image for that scheduled day. I don't know why this should be so difficult since it worked just fine in the previous version.

Can it create full image backups like the previous backup?

8. Acronis Support

Hello Ranger Bob,

Delete all schedule tasks from default directory C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Acronis\TrueImage\Scripts

- Download the http://www.acronis.com/files/support/schedmgr.exe file ;
    - Start the Command Prompt from Start -> Programs -> Accessories menu;
    - Run the following commands in the folder you saved the file to:

schedmgr task zap
    schedmgr service stop
    schedmgr service uninstall
    schedmgr service install
    schedmgr service start

This should delete all the scheduled tasks on the PC. You should manage your scheduled tasks from the scratch.

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

9. Ranger Bob

Thank you for your reply. When you say this should delete all scheduled tasks are you talking about the Acronis Full Image backup scheduled task or all as in everything I have scheduled because if that is what you mean then I would not want to do that. I have too many scheduled task to recreate them all.

10. Acronis Support

Hello Ranger Bob,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image

Just to be sure, please check that at the "Backup method" window the "Remove old archives" box has been ticked. If not, please do this and see if the issue remains.

About the tasks.

The mentioned procedure will delete only Acronis tasks. If you want to delete a separate Acronis task, please see the article for instructions on how to do this.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

11. Ranger Bob

Thank you for the reply. I will try this on one of my PC's and see if it makes a difference. It will probably take a couple of weeks or more to see if it is working correctly.

12. Acronis Support

Hello Ranger Bob,

Thank you for your response.

Please let us know about the results at your earliest convenience.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

13. Ranger Bob

I wanted to let you know that I did as requested above and I have let the scheduled full image backups run for a number of weeks now and it seems to be working perfectly now. Thank you for all your help and feedback.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.