"File may not be suitable for submission"

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by johnpd, Apr 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johnpd

johnpd Registered Member

After almost every virus database update a message along the lines of "a file may not be suitable for submission" pops up. I have scanned my computer with NOD32 (v4.2.64.12), Malwarebytes, SuperAntispyware, and Spybot and they find nothing. NOD32 detected something (HTML/ScrInject.B.Gen virus) a couple of weeks ago while I was browsing the Internet. It terminated the page and quarantined it. I removed what was in quarantine. What is up?

JohnD

2. Janus

Janus Registered Member

3. johnpd

johnpd Registered Member

Thanks,

Removed "FND0.NFI" from the Charon folder. "CACHE.NDB" could not be removed since it was in use by NOD32. Does this file have to be deleted as well?

JohnD

4. Janus

Janus Registered Member

Hey
    Regarding the "CACHE.NDB" , no this file does not have to be deleted.

5. johnpd

johnpd Registered Member

I still got the pop-up message today, but I was finally able to see what file NOD32 was referencing. I was able to click on the balloon pop-up before it disappeared. It referenced the file "file.htm". It did not say where it was so I am assuming it has information about this file in the "cache.ndb" file. I submitted it to ESET so maybe that will end the pop-ups.

JohnD

6. Janus

Janus Registered Member

7. johnpd

johnpd Registered Member

Well it looks like it has been resolved. I had run into that site a second time and got the threat message and again it was quarantined. I submitted it twice. Once when it first came up and again a day later. It seems like that resolved it. No "submission" messages since then. Nothing in the "Charon" folder except the cache.ndb file.

Thanks for your help,

JohnD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.