File locked by NOD32

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Shaman_fr, Mar 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shaman_fr

Shaman_fr Guest

Hello Everybody,

First, thanks to all actors here who make this forum alive and so helpfull. I'm using NOD32 with BlackSpears config recommandation, and have the following problem :

Sometimes, files are locked by NOD, and moving them fails. This happens for packed exe, for instance firefox install or many other exe packed files.
    Here is the use case which fails :

I move a packed exe file from a drive to an other one, and i have a window message : cannot move file because its used by an other process.
    Stopping AMON solved the problem...

I have used quiet a lot other AV (including norton, mcafee, f-prot) and NOD is the only one who make this problem.

This is very anoying and can lead to serious problems, such as program update fails because the installer could not replace a packed exe (same problem...).
    The same problem pops up when draging a packed exe from winrar to the desktop (winrar extract to tmp then move...).

My computer is an Athlon 1.2 GHz 512 Mo ram, xp sp1. I tried with nod trial on my work laptop wich is a Intel 1.8 GHZ, 512 Mo ram, xp sp1 and had the same problem.

Do ESet know this problem ? Any chance to see it solved ? Where can I contact ESet to report my problem (i'm a registered user of course) ?

Many thanks in advance,

Shaman_fr

2. Happy Bytes

Happy Bytes Guest

Ok, one moment please ;)

3. Happy Bytes

Happy Bytes Guest

Are you sure that NOD32 is the only running AV on your system?
    Because this sounds to me like another application is scanning this file too....

Edit: Just tried it with several packed files (UPX, ASPack, FSG etc.) and no problems at all to move these files across different harddisks/folders with AMON enabled.

4. Shaman_fr

Shaman_fr Registered Member

Hello,

No, i'm 100% sure no other AV is installed or running... My only resident soft are :

CPU idle Pro, Outpost firewall. the rest is adsl drivers, etc...

Also on the laptop where the problem occures, no firewall or cpuidle is installed...

Thanks for your reply

Shaman_fr

Last edited: Mar 29, 2005
  5. alglove

alglove Registered Member

Hmmm, I just downloaded the Firefox 1.0.2 setup files (both English and French) from mozilla.org, and I cannot reproduce this problem, either. Do you encounter this problem even if you reboot the computers?

6. Shaman_fr

Hello,

Ok i retried, the last firefox installer do not always cause problems, only sometimes... When i move the file, the deletion of the source failed only 1 time. The problem is always here, a reboot do not change anything.
    I have investigate the problem, i can remove the problem if i remove this option in the amon module :

Methods > Methods on create > advanced heuristic.

If i use it, i have some problems for most of packed exe, if i don't use it all is OK.

So is it a bug o_O Is it dangerous to not use the above option ?

Many thanks for the help,

Shaman_fr

7. Shaman_fr

Problem solved with the new beta !!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.