File & Folder Exclusions in Acronis True Image Home v11

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by SteveHaller, Jan 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SteveHaller

SteveHaller Registered Member

I am a registered Acronis TI Home user, starting out at v9, then going to v10 and v11 build 8101. I typically perform an image backup and then differential backups periodically following that. I have played with the file exclusions features, and agree with the previous posters that the documentation is very weak on this in terms of the syntax of this and do's and don'ts. Also I believe there is a difference between when the exclusions specified in "Default Exclusions" settings under options vs. that which is specified at the time of backup. What I am unclear on is a) if there are still know issues with file exclusions and b) if there is an Acronis detailed FAQ on all of this documenting very specific syntax with examples. It would appear based on the post below, that there are still issues with v11 build 8101 and I now have to upgrade to TI home 2009 -- does anyone have any insight on improvements in the exclusions features and/or documentation around such with the 2009 version.

<here is the post I referred to above> ... since this refers to an upcoming build of v11, and was posted after the most recent 8101 build from July 2008, then I assume one must go to the 2009 version of TI Home.

Please avise, and thank you in advance.

August 29th, 2008, 02:03 PM
    sbennett
    Infrequent Poster Join Date: Dec 2007

Re: Exclude a FOLDER

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Acronis Support
    Hello everyone,

We would like to inform that, as noted by arstearns, the issue was resolved by our Development Team. The fix will be available in the next build of Acronis True Image 11 Home. Please accept our apologies for any inconveniences the delay may cause.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Was this issue ever fixed? Using the la

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello SteveHaller,

Thank you for your interesting in Acronis True Image

Download free trial version of Acronis True Image Home 2009 and test it. Use this link to download free trial version of Acronis True Image Home 2009.

If it solves the issue contact Acronis support and submit technical request using this link or contact us via Live Chat and give link to this thread.

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

3. SteveHaller

SteveHaller Registered Member

Hi Dimitry,

Thank you for your followup post. I have already submitted a support ticket on the Acronis Support site, as I am a registered user of ATIH 9, 10, and 11. Unfortunately, there has not been a response nor even an acknowledgement of my support request. Please look into it and advise. The ticket# is 51317.

Thank you.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello SteveHaller,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image

We will take care about your request shortly.

Thank you.

--

Oleg Lee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.