File backup cannot read locked files

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by RDeckard, May 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RDeckard

RDeckard Registered Member

One of the main aspects that I am looking for while trying out the trial version of Paragon Backup & Recovery 10 Suite is whether it is able to backup locked files (files which are locked for reading - in other words, somebody has the file opened and specified nil share flags).

I have my e-mail client open all the time, as well as several TrueCrypt container files mounted as HDDs. Both of these workloads have a few files which are locked.

I was hoping that the Paragon Hot Processing technology and its kernel-mode driver would be able to circumvent the locked files and speculatively back-up whatever data is there. But it looks like this technology is only for full hard-drive and partition backups - something I do not want to do as this would be too wasteful. I only want a few files backed up. I do realize that reading locked files may result in their backups being in an inconsistent state (e.g. not all file data may have been flushed out) - but I am willing to take that chance as long as I am able not to disrupt my normal work (e-mail client and mounted containers).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.