File and Printer Sharing Issue

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by frazbox, Feb 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. frazbox

frazbox Registered Member

I'm using ESS 3.0.621.0 with Vista ultimate installed on a laptop, and running XP SP2 Pro on a PC. The problem is I can't see either system on the network. I have a netgear router, and I have tried numerous setting to get the printer shared from the XP cpu.

Can someone please help, I been at this for 3 days now without any resolution, and I would love to send docs to print from the XP without have to be at the xp system.

2. kringles

kringles Registered Member

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

What you are refering to is not a problem that maifests permanently.

Frazbox, are you able to map drives to shares from other computers?

4. Jenee

Jenee Registered Member

The "View Workgroup Computers" issue does not affect being able to share printers. However, there is a known issue in Vista when trying to install a network printer.
    In Vista, to get access to a network printer, you need to Add a printer and when the dialog appears, select "Add a local printer" (instead of add a network, wireless or bluetooth printer). Then click on Add a new port, leave it set on Local Port and click Next. When asked for the port name, enter it in the format \\computer name\printer name. The printer should now work. This problem should be fixed in Vista SP1.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.