FF2.0 & IMON Problem (HTTP Compatibility Options)

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Caimbeul, Nov 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Caimbeul

Caimbeul Registered Member

Hello,

i have a problem when setting "firefox.exe" "green status" for enhanced functionality (german version so i dont know the correct term) in the IMON compatibility options.

When i visit certain websites some backgrounds and icons/pictures won´t load or take very long (>20sec) to load. The Downloadmeter does not pop up.

When i switch into "better compatibility" (red status) for "firefox.exe" i do not encounter the problem anymore.

I use Windows XP Professional SP2 / NOD 32 Full Version / Firefox 2.0.

With the Internet Explorer 7 i do not have this problems.

Does it makes any difference in security to set the status for "http compatibility" to "red status" (compatibility mode)?

Some example websites that do have the problem:
    Side 1
    Side 2

Regards
    Caimbeul

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Hi Caimbeul, welcome to Wilders. If an application requires "red status" then it will revert to it. Nothing to worry about.

Cheers :D

3. alglove

alglove Registered Member

I think Caimbeul means to say that some webpages (linked in his post) do not load correctly in Firefox 2.0 when running IMON in "Higher Efficiency" mode, but they do load correctly when in "Higher Compatability" mode. He would like to know what the difference is between these two modes, in terms of security.

4. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Both sites open perfectly for me with FF 2.0 and all settings Green.

Cheers :D

Attached Files:

• FF.jpg
      FF.jpg
      File size:
      55.2 KB
      Views:
  5. alglove

alglove Registered Member

My experience has been that some items can slip through when IMON is set to Higher compatability mode. When this happens, AMON is still able to detect the virus as it gets written to the hard disk, so it ends up getting caught, anyway.

With Higher efficiency, the downloads seem to be buffered in memory and scanned before they are written to the hard disk, so there is less chance of something slipping through. However, there is greater chance for compatability problems, as you have seen.

Either way, the viruses do get caught.

6. Caimbeul

Caimbeul Registered Member

This might indicate a problem with my Firefox Settings... i have to do a clean setup and post again wheather this has had any impact.

Thanks to the explanation alglove, you know of some offical statement related to this option?

EDIT:
    After a clean reinstall of Firefox 2.0 both sides load normaly but a tiny bit slower with Higher efficiency. Seems ok so far.

EDIT Found the Problem:
    I figured out that the problem occurs when installing "FasterFox" and setting it to "optimized" or "turbo". The effect of pictures not loading on a website is repetable by switching the "FasterFox"-Settings

EDIT isolated the Problem:
    I also figured out that it only occurs when "pipelining" is activated within "Fasterfox". You can see the option by switching to "user mode" (last option) . If this option is deactivated the problem with sides loading incorrect does not occur with NOD 32 set to "Higher efficiency".

Regards

Last edited: Nov 3, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.