FF, NoScript, setting/s?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by SG1, Dec 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SG1

SG1 Registered Member

With recent update to NoScript (every other day it seems), I now have whole "toolbar" appearing across top of Firefox with announcement from Zeus atop Mt. Olympus that "something like USAToday online blah-blah CSS thing" is... whatever.

Safety's great, & I do appreciate efforts of NoScript author on our behalf but, you know... I'm also guessing that USAToday online or other "safe" places I go to aren't about to drop a 500 pound bunkerbuster on my lowly browser even tho' the ad people can be sneaky-Petes. And, yes, there could be times blackhats hack a site and drop in a poison pill, BUT...

... I wondered what is/where is, the setting in NoScript to eliminate the popup-like toolbar telling me I was perhaps saved from sudden death, everytime I flip back and forth reading new page, at USAToday online or other trusted web pages?

Is it setting about "allow sites opened by bookmark" that may stop the NoScript popup?

Info/answer reply appreciated, by this non-gearhead.

2. dNor

dNor Registered Member

Click the Options button on the toolbar and uncheck 'Show messages about blocked scripts'.

3. Brian N

Brian N Registered Member

Witch each new update he changes something. I've now seen a feature removed and put back in over 5 times. It's getting old. The version I have now works perfectly, so I'll just skip each and every update from now on.

/rant out, hope you read it whoever made it.

4. SG1

SG1 Registered Member

dNor;
    ====
    Without having changed anything, here were settings used and, as they stand now: (see ns.gif)

What I'm getting at mainly one site, is: (see ustns.gif)

====

Thanks, for any further ideas, on this.

Attached Files:

• ns.gif
      ns.gif
      File size:
      10.9 KB
      Views:
    • ustns.gif
      ustns.gif
      File size:
      9.6 KB
      Views:
  5. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

Uncheck the box for XSS. That will turn off XSS notifications (youll still be protected though).

6. controler

controler Guest

I have mine set to default after todays update and do not get that warning
    at USAToday.

But if I do a google search of USAToday my Finjan plugin shows some links questionable links

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.