few questions for wilders

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by kamy, Jun 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kamy

kamy Registered Member

1) If i change isp will i have to reinstall all my antivirus, anti spyware software or will these continue to update?

2) when i do change isp how do i clear the old isp settings from my pc?

3) Comodo version 3.9 with defense + why does it not pick up adware? Does this mean i need to install adware and bog down my resources more?

4) Also with comodo do you have to turn off windows defender when defense + is running and can they both run without conflict? Also windows firewall on or off with comodo firewall running?

4) Why geswall has unknow publisher with no details? Run uknow publisher

Thankyou

2. The Nodder

The Nodder Registered Member

regarding
    1) no, you do not uninstall them. They do not know or care who your ISP is.

Others will give details on your other points.

The two best anti malware and spyware are :-

www.SUPERAntiSpyware.com is the best anti spyware / malware out there.
    www.malwarebytes.org is a god one too.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2009
  3. kamy

kamy Registered Member

Thanks Ian

Sure will wait No worries:)

4. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

No, and a tip, if you live in the UK, avoid BT like a plague.

You don't need to do anything to your PC, if you use a router you may need to change a connection username and password. Your knew ISP should be giving you step-by-step support with this, really.

I have no idea how these questions relate to ESET software, or why you are asking them here.

5. kamy

kamy Registered Member

i applogise im new to the forum and was not aware i was in eset forum sorry :oops:

ps why are you agaist Bt btw?

6. Keyboard_Commando

Keyboard_Commando Registered Member

Kamy please read. http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/03/17/bt_phorm_lies/

BT clearly does not respect its customers privacy rights. Just my opinion.

7. eXPerience

eXPerience Registered Member

Hi kamy,

I'm a volenteer moderator (same nickname :) ) at the Comodo forums and I would like to resolve these problems.

Comodo does detect adware, so I would like to know what it missed. I sujest you scan with Superantispyware and A-squared to fix the problem. (and you can always submit the samples to the labs ;) )

You can keep Windows defender active, it will not conflict with Defense+. You have to shutdown windows's firewall however. You cannot run 2 firewalls at the same time.

Geswall is from GentleSecurity. you can find more information about it over here : http://www.gentlesecurity.com/about.html

I sujest you go over to the Comodo forums next time and ask your questions over there. You will have much more chance there, then here in the Eset section :p .

eXPerience

Last edited: Jun 13, 2009
  8. raven211

raven211 Registered Member

You just made a terrible typo - look at something beginning with "ad". :p

9. eXPerience

LOL !

Indeed, that was a bad one ! Perhaps i should send a FP ticket to the developers :rolleyes:

eXPerience

10. kamy

kamy Registered Member

Hi experience Thats a good feature do you have to run the scan or does defense + automatically pick up adware or would it have to be a ondemand scan Also sometimes it will not pick up what ad aware or superanti spyware picks up

Thanks to all replys as for the stay away from bt i would but you need to join them to get internet in the first place no cable internet available here :)

11. elapsed

If you mean line rental, then yes and no. Sky offer a full package and can offer line rental also. If you have BT for line rental, I suggest you choose something else for actual broadband. Most are ok, just stay away from BT, TalkTalk and Virgin and you will be fine. I use UKOnline which uses the Sky/Easynet network.

12. eXPerience

Hi Kamy,

No antimalware program can detect and cure 100% of all Virii. That's why you need an on-acces scanner, and 1 or more on-demand scanners. If you set your Defense+ back on and on safe mode, it should (if you have not created rules for the adware already) detect it and will ask you what to do. If you're not sure what it is, simply block it, but do NOT have the 'remember my answer' box checked, and see if everything runs fine. If so, you blocked the adware, if not, reopen the program and allow it ;)

I use CIS and use Superantispyware and A-squared as on-demand scanners. But unless for some tracking cookies, I never had to use them ;)

eXPerience

13. Retadpuss

Retadpuss Suspended Member

Hi. On no account follow the advice given that SAS and MBAM are the best AMs! They are in fact the worst and people should be banned from here for giving such dangerous advice.

14. TonyKlein

TonyKlein Security Expert

Yeah, right...

We're by now familiar with your agenda...:rolleyes:

Last edited: Jun 14, 2009
  15. TonyW

TonyW Registered Member

I'm with BT and am well aware of the issues surrounding Phorm, and avidly follow the developments regarding this sorry saga. However, I'm not going to avoid or move away from BT just because of that. Doing so would be a knee-jerk reaction on my part; I'd rather wait and see how the story unfolds. There are so many facets to it that months down the line things could well change either by design or legally.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2009
  16. eXPerience

And your affiliation is ? If do not bring any addition to this thread, I sujest you leave.

Thank you

eXPerience

17. Warklen

Warklen Registered Member

Im guessing you would recommend Spy Axe or WorldAntiSpy...LOL funniest thing ive ever read

18. andyman35

andyman35 Registered Member

Most definitely if you enjoy watching youtube or similar videos in HD at a time that suits you,avoid at all costs.:mad:

19. elapsed

It's not only that, check this thread out on a UK ISP rating forum. Especially my conclusion of latency and needless hops.

Add to that the recent throttling for videos and you have an "avoid" package.

20. Retadpuss

You mean, my agenda of exposing scams and people like you who are misinformed or ignorant - show me any large sample test where SAS or MBAM are anything but last.

Its about time pretend experts (shills) like you stopped spamming this place promoting your useless apps.

21. gery

gery Registered Member

without any intention to bash anything here i have quit using either of them ASA and MBAM e few moths ago as i saw nothing found by them through my years of using them. Yes they are light but why have something unusably in my machine

22. Retadpuss

Agreed. If you must have another scanner, use a real one like Prevx or A2 - if you only want on demand, try Hitman Pro - all three are very good.

23. Dr who

Dr who Registered Member

How about pretend testing shills from SSUPDATER ?

I'm sorry but a WILDERS nominated Security Expert carries a lot more credance then a tester that is too scared to run live malware on his PC because he dose'nt know what to do with it once its installed:blink:

Tony is a widely respected Security Expert by many over the last decade his work has been very widely applauded:thumb:

You on the other hand with your 1 dimesional tests are just snake oil my freind on campaign of FUD against your chosen hated softwares.

I hope Wilders actually responds for your calls to bar shills so you can take your dodgy tests and posting back home to SSUPDATER:D

24. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

We are not going down this same tired road of bashing arguments yet again. Thread closed!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.