Feedback?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by firzen771, Jan 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Murderlove

Murderlove Registered Member

Thanks for the heads up, I look forward to this option.

2. firzen771

firzen771 Registered Member

yes the HIPS in the beta is much quieter than previous, its very usable (until u try to install something and forget to go to installation mode, then it starts freakin out with popups, no joke, i was clicking popups for 4 mins straight non stop with one of my apps installing, finger hurt) the auto installation mode thing sounds cool when it comes out.

The FW works decently, but its not specifically Comodo FW that made me want to get rid of it, its software FW's in general, the always no matter what rule i put in seem to mess up some program while connecting (either cant connect, or in a game, the servers wont show even wen u make a rule) i dunno, little probs like that, that become irritating and i dont want to search through rules for an hour making it perfect. i have a router so windows FW will be enough and not cause me issues.

3. IceCube1010

IceCube1010 Registered Member

Realistically, if you are running behind a router and did not mess with the firewall config, you should have enough protection from that alone. You can use the Windows software firewall as a backup if you like. But, if you like to know which applications are connecting out from your pc, then you would want a Comodo FW or OA firewall etc etc.

Ice

4. firzen771

i have no need to know whats connecting out if i dont get infected in the first place, im trying to focus on that.

5. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

couple of very good well configure antimalwares will not let you down even if you dont have any firewall i believe that the router is very solid for incoming trafic and the rest dont get any trojans in your system and will be safe:)

6. firzen771

thats exactly what i was thinking, running antilogger + Avira and its nice and light. im still wondering if i should add something else.

7. blacknight

blacknight Registered Member

Mamutu is a BB/IDS: no too bad, it does his work, but it doesn't get an HIPS protection.

8. chris1341

chris1341 Guest

I think that looks fine but if you are feeling it's a bit light then what about Defensewall? It offers something different to what you have but is very easy to use. Good protection right out of the box by running certain apps untrusted with limited access to key system resources. Avira heuristics are brilliant IMO but Defensewall might just give that extra zero day protection and offers rollback for file and registry actions taken by untrusted apps that might help get rid of anything that Avira might spot but not clear up properly without need for a full restore.

As for the OP I would not use Mamutu. Very expensive for what you get I think.

9. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

Agree with Jmonge and Firzen if it doesn't get in the first place there is nothing calling Home.IMO third party Firewall can be handy but in some cases problematic and more uneeded process.With a properly configured router and windows Firewall and combo off good security defenses and not be trigger happy should be good enogh.

10. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

i have ne
    twork protection with malware defender for testing purposes but in real life situation like a said before my antimalwares have to work hard, a software firewall can be easilly bypass by clicking allow:) o_O a virtualization app,or sandbox or a strong hips is all i need,maybe a good antivirus for back up(avira_free);) prevention is better than the cure:)

11. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

i dont know what i wrote in my first sentence:D i think i wanted to say i have
    network protection within malwaredefender:D :)

12. firzen771

LOL, brain fart?

13. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

ahho_O lol:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.