Fedora Core 5 Compatibility

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by iamadam, Apr 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iamadam

iamadam Registered Member

Hi. I am trying to set up a dual-boot system with Windows XP Professional on one drive and Fedora Core 5 on a separate drive. I installed Windows XP first, then Acronis Disk Director 10 Build 2089, then Fedora. The OS detection wizard can't find my Fedora installation. Any ideas?

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello iamadam,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Partition and Disk Managing Software.

First of all, please download and install the latest build (2117) of Acronis Disk Director Suite 10.0 which is available at the Product Updates section at our web site.

To get access to updates you should create an account then log in and use your serial number to register your software.

Please try to install the boot loader (e.g. Grub or LiLo) into boot partition of your Fedora Core operating system instead of MBR. This situation is desribed in this FAQ article.

If it does not help then please create Acronis Report in the way described below:

- Download and run Acronis Report Utility;
    - Select the "Create Bootable Floppy" option;
    - Insert a blank floppy disk in the A: drive and proceed with creation of the bootable floppy;
    - Boot the computer from this diskette and wait for report creation process to finish;
    - Collect the report file from the floppy.

If you do not have a floppy drive then please create Acronis Report within Windows.

Please submit a request for technical support. Attach the collected report file to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.