Fedora 15 Lovelock is not my love - Review

Discussion in 'all things UNIX' started by Mrkvonic, May 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Love is in the air, not. But I sure am poetic, VH1 style, first cookie goes to whoever spots all the 80s songs references in this review. Indeed, a review of Fedora 15 Lovelock, with Gnome 3 desktop environment, including live session, installation and post-install usage, with topics like Wireless, Samba sharing, look and feel, Gnome 3 fallback mode, fedoraplus (autoten), GnomeTweakTool, multimedia playback - Flash, MP3, applications, SELinux alerts, stability, crashes, system resources, suspend & resume, comparison to Ubuntu, and more. Take a deep breath, do take a look.

http://www.dedoimedo.com/computers/fedora-15.html

Cheers,
    Mrk

2. tlu

tlu Guest

Quote from your review:

I had several of them in a Virtualbox VM. Consequence: VM deleted, gained some more experience.

3. s23

s23 Registered Member

Nice review as always.
    You pointed something I trully cannot understand in Gnome 3 when I give it a run in Opensuse 11.4: Why I cannot put icons/text files/whatever in desktop? I put in the bar, but cannot delete it... Just cannot understand the implementation of Gnome 3/Unity... More easy of use? where?

4. Trespasser

Trespasser Registered Member

Before I read your review I hope all the 80s songs references are Beatle tunes or The Rolling Stones or Deep Purple or Elvis. If it's ABBA (which I suspect some will be....:)) then I'll do poorly.

Later....

5. mack_guy911

mack_guy911 Registered Member

Quote from your review says everything :))

another good review form your side mrk :thumb:

gnome 3 is pretty disappointment to me also fedora always give trouble in live cd's after month of release they are pretty stable and rock solid :D

but those who hate gnome 3 like m and didnt like feel kde as srtong as other distro they have Scientific linux as choice or open suse ;)

i am still on fedora 13 so far now :)

Last edited: May 31, 2011
  6. mack_guy911

mack_guy911 Registered Member

after being a long fan of fedora right now i feel like this on gnome 3 :D

Attached Files:

7. Beavenburt

Beavenburt Registered Member

I'm waiting delivery of a new card for my old tower so I can give full gnome 3 and unity a proper trial. It is ridiculous though, even win 7 with aero will run on the old card!!

8. J_L

J_L Registered Member

My VMware Player couldn't support GNOME 3 and went to fallback mode. Maybe I should try a Live CD.

Good review by the way. Keep them coming.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.