FDISR & Vista What Do I Install and from Where

Discussion in 'FirstDefense-ISR Forum' started by TonyDownUnder, Jun 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TonyDownUnder

TonyDownUnder Registered Member

Hello to All,

I was running Raxco FD-ISR on WinXP, I think the last version number I have is 173 it's an install file called FDISRfw.exe of 5,942kb. In anticipation of Vista I downloaded an update file called FDISRW_update.msp of 2,536.

I ended up doing a clean install of Vista so I no longer have XP. The install notes for the update indicate that I have to have version 164 or above installed before running the update.

I really do not wish to install the non Vista version and then update it as I simply wish to install a 'full" Vista version from scratch.

Maybe I'm an idiot but I can't find a single Vista compliant executable install file on the Raxco site. I've still got 6 months on the registration and Maintenance so I.m keen to enjoy the rest of the licence period as it wasn't cheap software to purchse as we all know.

I would greatly appreciate advice on the best way to proceed and I thank you for reading this post.

2. Eldar

Eldar Registered Member

Hi TonyDownUnder,
    I had the same problem, so I sent an email to Raxco.
    The next day I received a reply with the download link to the Vista compatible version, as well as a link to the compatible PerfectDisk. :D

So better send an email to their support.

Good luck with Vista and FDISR. ;)

Attached Files:

3. TonyDownUnder

TonyDownUnder Registered Member

Thank you very much Eldar. This thanks first and now onto the email.:)

4. Eldar

Eldar Registered Member

My pleasure TonyDownUnder. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.