FDISR & Total Uninstall

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by ErikAlbert, May 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nameless

nameless Registered Member

I have been using Total Uninstall for years, and I have always done things as you outline above. I think I am doing something right, since I have had Windows XP installed since January, 2003, and it continues to run perfectly for me.

I'd bet that the problem you had was caused by the first step in Total Uninstall's removal procedure, which is to stop services. I've had svchost.exe crash a couple times on me during that step, and I think he has some work to do on it yet...

2. Atomas31

Atomas31 Registered Member

Sorry but I strongly disagree with you on that point... Maybe you should try the latest version of Your Uninstaller 2006! (By the way, the topic of this thread is not a comparaison to know wich one is better between YU and TU. In fact, I simply recommend YU (wich work great for me) to Erik since it seems to have some problem with TU)

As for your method of uninstalling, I must admit that it is great and seems to work well for you ;-)

Thanks,
    Atomas31

3. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

You're right -- I did go a bit OT. My apologies to all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.