FDISR and an AV

Discussion in 'FirstDefense-ISR Forum' started by benton4, Feb 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. benton4

benton4 Registered Member

Just fyi, Viruscape 2006 only scans the the snapshot currently in use, and rather quickly. By the way, FDISR has got to be the best program I've ever purchased. Thanks for such a good product.

2. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

All AV's I have tried ( about 10 in all ) do not scan the multiple snapshots. At the present time only NOD seems to scan more than the 1 current snapshot.

3. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

I am useing NIS 2005 and it seems to scan everything on the Hdd including all snapshots, the scan time gets longer everytime I add a snapshot.

4. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Neither of the KAV's I've used scan all the snapshots. KAV 5.0 doesn't, and neither did the beta's of KAV 6.0

Pete

5. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

Since FD creates a hidden folder called $ISR on the C drive, a possible workaround is as follows.

You could deselect the C: drive, and then add in each of the folders on the C: drive (except of course the
    $ISR one).

A bit time-consuming I admit, but you would only need to do it once as you can then save these settings for subsequent scans.

At the present time I am only using 2 snapshots and the "extended" NOD scan is still a lot faster than most of my other AV's which only scan the 1 snapshot.

6. dallen

dallen Registered Member

Blackcat,
    Would your proposed method not leave you vulnerable to anything that decided to create a new folder directly on the c: drive, assuming that that malicious program was encountered after your initial scan? The reason I ask is that if you ran your initial scan and saved the settings which include the files and folders that you had previously selected, then any new folders that were created would not be scanned since they were not included in your previously selected list.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.