FCC Moves to Prevent Robocalls and Spam Texts

Discussion in 'privacy problems' started by ronjor, Jun 19, 2015.

1. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

3. Snoop3

Snoop3 Registered Member

see, Fcc's not on a power grab - they's lookin out fer ya :D

4. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

5. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

http://www.theverge.com/2015/10/21/9583208/fcc-weekly-data-telemarketing-robocalls

6. Rolo42

Rolo42 Registered Member

The FCC "hopes"? That's effective!

7. Palancar

Palancar Registered Member

Frankly, I just got tired of waiting for the Gov and installed software that allows me to take back control. 800#s of any/all kind don't even show up in the call log and all non-phonebook numbers never ring. Solicitors won't leave messages (I will never see them and they will never bother me) and other individuals can and will. If you leave a message and I just oversighted your number I'll add it to my phonebook and from then on you are good to go. It means lots of phonebook addresses, but then I NEVER get bothered with sales, political, etc..... calls. Really nice!

8. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

http://yro.slashdot.org/story/15/10...sneaking-robocall-exemptions-into-budget-bill

9. Palancar

Palancar Registered Member

So what else is new! The Gov and Politicians always give themselves a "carve out", so why not folks collecting for them too?

We are about a year away from sitting around trying to relax for the evening and here come all the political ads/robo's. My home is silent with no landline and my Android is programmed as I described above. However; I sit over at family members' homes and their phones just keep ringing. They are afraid to miss someone so instead they take 20 calls a night. Go figure!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.