Favourite Web Browser of 2015

Discussion in 'polls' started by guest, Jan 13, 2015.

?

Your favourite desktop web browser in the year of 2015?

Poll closed Nov 29, 2015.
  1. Internet Explorer

10 vote(s)
    7.6%
  2. Google Chrome

30 vote(s)
    22.7%
  3. Mozilla Firefox

56 vote(s)
    42.4%
  4. Opera

7 vote(s)
    5.3%
  5. Safari

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Maxthon

4 vote(s)
    3.0%
  7. Avant

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Lunascape

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. SeaMonkey

4 vote(s)
    3.0%
  10. K-Meleon

2 vote(s)
    1.5%
  11. Other derivative web browser

14 vote(s)
    10.6%
  12. Other hybrid web browser

1 vote(s)
    0.8%
  13. Other web browser

3 vote(s)
    2.3%
  14. None

1 vote(s)
    0.8%
  1. monkeylove

monkeylove Registered Member

Cyberfox

2. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

Opera!

3. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

Close call between Firefox and Opera for me. I use Opera slightly more though, so my vote goes to that. Basically, Opera is my "work" browser, while Firefox is my "home" browser....

4. imeasy

imeasy Registered Member

7 Star Browser

5. ance

ance formerly: fmon

I like Firefox.

6. Alhaitham

Alhaitham Registered Member

Mozilla Firefox

7. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

I think the poll should have made a distinction between Opera Presto and Opera Blink. The first one is great, the second one sucks.

8. Rasheed187

I will check if I see the same on my system, but you're right about them using way more RAM, which defeats the purpose. Look at the pic, Opera 12 used only 300MB of RAM with about 50 tabs open, but Chrome and Opera 26 would probably use more than 1GB.

On top of that, Opera 12 feels lighter and snappier. I do sometimes notice that during loading of JavaScript heavy sites, Opera 12 sometimes freezes for a second, when switching to another tab. But that is because it's not optimized for multi-core CPU's, I will check if this is the same with Opera 26.

This article is also interesting: http://www.zdnet.com/article/servo-...nvent-the-web-browser-for-the-multi-core-age/

Attached Files:

9. noone_particular

noone_particular Registered Member

I'm staying with SeaMonkey as my primary browser. Right now, PaleMoon is my 2nd browser but I will be looking into K-Meleon again. There will never be a Google browser on any PC I use. Likewise, Internet Explorer has been removed, eradicated, or was never installed.

10. SweX

SweX Registered Member

Hmmm...well my casual everyday browser is too old to be mentioned here, I feel a bit of shame for not being able to find a new browser that I can start to like. You know, like an old reliable friend. But if I don't even like the browser then there's no way a relationship like that would begin.
    Hey Bo, I can guess why you ask that, due to the tabs on bottom thread? :D

No, actually Firefox has never been one of my Favo browsers, I only recently started to try it out, because too many websites have started having too much bling-bling for us to see. I am for an open internet, and so I think it's OK to see some ads on websites, no ads, no income. The internet would be a terrible place if many websites started showing paywalls instead of some ads for free access. But I had to capitulate after the ads becoming way too much of the "in your face" type, and that's where Firefox came into the picture, like I have said before I'm not a huge add-on user, but I decided I had to start using an ad-blocker and I tried the ad-guard extension for FF and it does a perfect job.

I still haven't imported my bookmarks into Firefox as I'm not sure if I will stay with it, but the biggest issue is that I can't get the font to look like I want it too. I don't want "bigger" letters, but a bit bolder, I think they are too thin.

11. Daveski17

Daveski17 Registered Member

Here's a few for you SweX: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_web_browsers

12. SweX

SweX Registered Member

Cheers, I have looked trough that list more than 5 times already. It turns out changing full time browser can be quite time consuming....I think I give up soon :argh:

13. noone_particular

noone_particular Registered Member

That list does bring back some memories. Some of it doesn't seem like it's been that long but the dates say otherwise. Just what I needed, something else to remind me that I'm getting old.

14. bo elam

bo elam Registered Member

Yes, tabs not on top, Menu bar, etc. You can change Fonts in Firefox.:)

Tools>Options>Content

Bo

15. mattdocs12345

mattdocs12345 Registered Member

Firefox of course.

16. SweX

SweX Registered Member

Yeah I have been in there, but I don't figure out how to make it happen. I'll send you a PM.

17. Daveski17

Daveski17 Registered Member

With browsers everything is a compromise. On Android I predominantly used Dolphin. It was fast and easy to use. I've still got it but I use Maxthon 99% of the time now. There are things with it that bug me, but it breaks less pages than Dolphin for me. 'Swings and roundabouts' as we say in my neck of the woods. ;)

18. harsha_mic

harsha_mic Registered Member

For Android, i use Firefox with Noscript

19. guest

guest Guest

It's probably going to be rather unfair for other web browsers IMO. Then if I did separate them I'd have to do that as well for WebKit Chrome and Blink Chrome, old IE and modern IE, Firefox 3.x, Firefox ESR and Firefox Australis etc, which I consider to make the poll to be rather cluttered.

20. bo elam

bo elam Registered Member

Hi GrafZ, I kind of wish you had separated other derivative browsers. The way you have it, Chrome and Firefox clones are put together. In my mind, I get a clearer picture of the difference in percentage of how much more we like Firefox over Chrome by adding votes for Firefox and Firefox derivatives and comparing against Chrome and its derivatives.:D

Bo

21. Rasheed187

Yes, perhaps it doesn't really matter that much, because you can always post which version you're using. But Opera was the only browser to make such a big move, so it would be interesting to see if people prefer the new or old one. I don't believe the same applies to Chrome, Firefox and IE, because they are still using the same engine. Blink is also based on the Webkit engine.

22. guest

guest Guest

I want to simplify it a bit this time. ;) Though I admit that it wouldn't be too much to do considering that we basically only have 3 flagship web browsers now.

Well you know... I'll consider to use that format next time if I was in charge to make the next poll session.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2015
  23. nnikoss

nnikoss Registered Member

Although I got tired with all those (suspicius) changes,hidden/locked preferences,tweaking FF is always a pleasure.

Firefox for me.

24. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

Again, thanks. Boy it took a while to find, Google really does like to hide certain things. If anyone is interested I finally found it on the Internet:
    http://www.wintips.org/disable-google-chrome-automatic-update/
    P.S. Just ignore the come-on for Malwarebytes Pro, although I do like and use the free version.

Acadia

25. SouthPark

SouthPark Registered Member

SeaMonkey: like Firefox, but lighter on my old laptop.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.