favoriteman how do I stop it!

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by smimldr, May 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smimldr

smimldr Registered Member

I am new to this forum so forgive my mistakes-
    I have spyblaster and spywareguard in stalled and activated but favoriteman still seems to get thru I can find this with search and distroy and spyhunter(which i purchased before I found this software)

this is the description from spyhunter - how do i block it!( this is coming from a fairly reputable site i think (ebay)

FavoriteMan is an IE Browser Helper Object. It goes to the web site 'yourspecialoffers.com' and, when told to do so by the command files stored on that site, adds entries to the IE Favorites menu, and installs other software - at the time of writing, it has installed the additional parasites Transponder/VX2, NetPal and ClickTheButton, also adds a homepage-hijacker that makes your browser start at www.ezcybersearch.com. iMesh 3 installs FavoriteMan/Favorite.The software can make an arbitrary code, which the file on yourspecialoffers.com points it to. FavoriteMan often makes IE to lock up, sometimes permanently

2. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

3. smimldr

smimldr Registered Member

thanks for the insight-
    will follow those links -

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.