Favorite PC related "toy"?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by ThunderZ, Nov 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThunderZ

ThunderZ Registered Member

Just curious. What is your favorite piece of PC related hardware (toy as my Wife refers to them) you have purchased. Lets keep it to external, and say, under $75.00 in cost. Mine would be my MS wireless USB mouse for my laptop. Closely followed by my 3 thumb drives. A 128 and 256 Lexar, and a 1 gig Kingston. Looking at a 2 gig next as the prices continue to drop and capacity continues to increase.

2. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

Probably my Bose speakers, followed by my router. I actually like it all. Sorry the speakers kind of push the $75.00 limit but i like them.

3. ThunderZ

Usaully do not even run with my speakers on (= $20.00 cheapies :oops: )
    The Mrs., who watches movies and listens to music on hers` is a different story. With my current Internet connection set up my Linksys bridge, router and 8 port switch were more of a necessity. Though once I went to high-speed constant on and took an interest in "advanced" security the router was inevitable.

4. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

id say my logitech z-3 speakers. for their price, they provide good bass and the volume control has a handy headphone jack.

i also like my intellimouse optical. the side buttons are great for games and web browsing.

5. ThunderZ

ooops, have had them for a while so I tend to take them for granted. Love my Logitech trackball mouse(s). Mrs. has one too. Not a gamer anymore. wow, my thumb used to get sore till I got used to it :'( No more mouse pad or having to move the mouse at all.

6. dog

dog Guest

While definitely over the $75 limit if external ... a PVR unit ... WinPVR or whatever.

7. ThunderZ

o_O Ok, ya got me on that one Dog. I`ll show my ignorance :oops: What is it?

8. lodore

lodore Registered Member

PVR= personal video recorder which records stuff off tv and stores in on its internal hard drive

the best example i can give is skyplus records tv to the harddrive using a computer or a digital box.
    hope this helps.
    lodore

9. dog

dog Guest

10. ThunderZ

:eek: Can`t let the Wife see that or she will want another toy. :p She is on me already to get a S-video to RCA cable (older big screen) so she can watch her movies on the TV in the front room.

11. dog

dog Guest

12. ThunderZ

Nice, very nice. But her next "I love you Honey" present will be an external 500Gig hdd just to store all the stuff she has collected sense she got in to audio\video collecting and editing. Funny how things change. She never used to understand what I found of interest to spend so much time on my PC on line. Now..... I`m just the "maintenance\trouble" shooting guy when she dose`t understand something or her PC needs a mod. or a tweak. :p

13. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

I like my three harddisks. Two of them are raptors, they eat all the malware, that's what I told my wife to whitewash the price and she loves the Jurassic Park movies.

14. ThunderZ

:D Makes me wish I had not taught her what I have.....she will never buy that. :doubt:
    At least one Raptor is the next "I love me" present. :D

15. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

My Flash card USB card reader/writer $15. I plug it in a USB port and upload my digital pictures to my Adobe Elements to process.

16. ThunderZ

ahhhh, another one I forgot. Had bought one for her when this all first started. Of course got one for myself as well. Though mine is rarely used it dose look "impressive" to all my none techie friends who come by. :D

Last edited: Nov 6, 2006
  17. NGRhodes

NGRhodes Registered Member

My Chipped XBox... cost me £50 UK (2nd hand), might be a little over the $75 limit.
    But I use it as a media player every day to listen to mp3s on my hifi, play dvds, watch all the movie clips I download off emule... but the best thing is....

I can watch JACKASS on youtube on my xbox !

18. lodore

lodore Registered Member

my favorite toy is my wireless keyboard and wireless mouse from MS it one of the only microsoft products that I wouldn't replace with third party keyboadrd or mouse. my other favorite toy is my Sony nw-A3000 20gb mp3 player i use it eveyday on the bus:D

19. wilbertnl

wilbertnl Registered Member

With these restrictions it would be my 1 GB mp3 player that had a price of $20 at Tigerdirect.com.
    It is also functioning as flash drive. :)
    I use this one on walks, while the iAUDIO X5 is used at home.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2006
  20. eniqmah

eniqmah Registered Member

I really like my MX610 Logitech wireless moussy. I appreciate its stylish design and multiple buttons. I simply can't live without the browser buttons. I do wish 2 things were different about it: 1. BLUETOOTH....Hello...Come on now Logitech, it's time for a bluetooth mouse with more than 3 freaking buttons. ...2. Less weight...This thing weights 1 lb. with 2 AA batteries in it. After a couple hours of usage, my hand just can't take it any more. Come now... Phew...that feels good.
    Oh yes, I also sport a HT820 Motorola Bluetooth head phones set that doubles up as a head set. I can listen to my PC's music, wirelessly, and if I get a phone call, can answer it with these head phones, then when the call ends, goback to the music. How sweet is that? Seriously. These run @ ~$120, but I lucked out and bought them for $45. The moussy was $40.

21. A1SteakSauce

A1SteakSauce Registered Member

My mouse which is a normal mouse that was about $20 :D and also my USB drive that was $40, can't do school without it.

22. Rico

Rico Registered Member

Hi All,

My favorite toy is "BFG Internet TrafficCop" big red & green buttons for turning the internet on/off. Wired between the modem & router. See:

http://www.trafficcop.com/

Cost $39.99 currently they have a $30.00 rebate.

Take Care
    rico

23. lodore

lodore Registered Member

that is a great simple product.
    can it be brought in the uk?
    lodore

24. Rico

Rico Registered Member

Hi Lodore,

I would imagine you could order online.

Take Care
    rico

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.