Faulty update crashes ZoneAlarm firewall

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by ronjor, Jun 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Story

2. squash

squash Registered Member

So if an _update_ from _ZoneLabs_ crashes ZoneAlarm. What chances does it have against properly coded malware?! :eek:

3. FanJ

FanJ Guest

4. FanJ

FanJ Guest

I quote the Official Response from Zone Labs:

=== begin quote ===

Zone Labs users began reporting True Vector-related crashes across its ZoneAlarm firewall and security suite product line late this afternoon, June 9th at approx. 5:30 p.m. Pacific Daylight Time (PDT)

Zone Labs quickly replicated the issue in the company's security lab, identified the cause and resolved it within 5 hours.

The problem was related to an update to our Program Advisory service issued at 4:00 p.m. PDT. As soon as the issue was confirmed, Zone Labs rolled back the Program Advisory update and cleared its Internet-based update delivery system, which restored full functionality to users immediately.

Customers should be assured that Zone Labs is committed to providing a seamless, advanced Internet security solution and we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

=== end quotes ===

5. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Missed it Jan.

6. FanJ

FanJ Guest

No worries Ron !!! :)

I'm just only very glad that you gave it the attention that it needs !
    So, my thanks definitely go out to you, my friend !!!

Most warmest regards, Jan.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.