Faulting Application EKRN.exe

Discussion in 'ESET Endpoint Products' started by captainfish, Sep 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. captainfish

captainfish Registered Member

Hello,
    This is the initial reason I was looking at two machines earlier. The machines gave me the creeping memory usage and 35-30% cpu usage on startup scans.

Windows XP32bit Dell machines. 2gig ram. Lots of HDrive space. V5.02 of Eset Endpoint AV.

Whether the user is working or the machine is sitting idle, they will get ESET error popup messages. Happens a number of times a day. (see file machine41-1.jpg). See file 'machine41-5.jpg', shows one of the error reports under Windows Application Logs.

Those dump files are not located where this error report says they are. The dump files are located in All Users\Application Data\Eset...

There is also no APPCOMPAT.txt file located anywhere under c:\Docs & Settings\.

I have uninstalled using control panel. Re-installed Eset. Same issue. I have uninstalled using Start>All Programs>Eset>Uninstall and then restarted, ran Malware Bytes scan and Glary Utilities scan, uninstalled Malware Bytes and Glary, restarted, and then re-installed Eset. After about an hour, same issue.

These dump files I have found are at minimum 800 megs in size. Some are over 1.5 gig. Why? Do you need these?

Attached Files:

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Make sure that your Endpoint AV is configured to generate complete dumps (Setup -> Tools -> Diagnostics). When ekrn crashes, compress the dumps in the %ProgramData%\ESET\%ProductName%\Diagnostics folder and provide it to customer care for analysis. You can also upload the archive to a safe location and PM me the download link.

The OS removes the dumps after clicking the Close button. Nonetheless, it's more important to get the dumps from the above mentioned folder.

3. captainfish

Thank you. I have submitted the link to you via PM.

4. captainfish

Marcos,
    Please check your PM as that link I sent is only valid for another day.
    Also, just FYI, the users still continue to get the popup messages dozens of times per day.
    Any assistance will be appreciated.

5. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Thank you, I've passed the dump to our developers for analysis. Will keep you updated.

6. tuntun

tuntun Registered Member

any updates?

7. captainfish

After all this time, we ended up having to just re-image the machines.
    After a week of monitoring, everything is nominal. The image contained the ESET installation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.