Faster installation.

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Carl Farrington, May 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carl Farrington

Carl Farrington Registered Member

I thought I would share a tip, that I have been using for a very long time.

If you are a network administrator, you might not always be installing from the latest available download package from ESET.

Therefore, after you install the package, you have to restart the computer.

Then after NOD32 updates itself, you have to restart the computer again (if the update was a more than just a minor one).

What I do is, I install NOD32. I then refuse to restart the computer, and I start the NOD32 kernel service either via the Services control panel, or "start -> run -> net start nod32krn". I then fire up the NOD32 control-centre, this tells you that it was unable to initialize the filesystem monitor (which we ignore), then I perform the latest update, and then restart the computer.

It saves having to restart the computer twice.

2. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England
    As new versions come out...I just create new install packages with them from with the RAC, replacing the old ones.

3. Carl Farrington

Does RAC allow you to create packages of std edition, or just enterprise edition?

I've never used RAC, but regardless, if I had the time to create my own installation files in time for whenever I needed them, I'd just as much have the time to download fresh installation packages from eset every week. As it is, I update the install file on my USB stick every now and then, and do this update-before initial reboot procedure so that I can get through installations quicker.

Maybe I'm just not organised enough ;)

4. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England
    Yes you use the same standard workstation installs as if you were a stand alone user.

You had mentioned "If you are a network administrator".....so I assumed you mean Enterprise Edition, as to me..network admin means you have a network with servers, centralized management, etc. Which is what enterprise edition is for.

5. Carl Farrington

I sort of figured that when reading your response, but I look after many networks, and a lot of these might be less than five users for which I use std edition. I suppose I should have just said "if you do lots of installations".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.