Family Pack

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Jaws, Jun 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jaws

Jaws Registered Member

Hi All,

After having just purchased NOD32 ( 6/13/05) I stumbled upon this site:

http://www.nod32-av.com/purchase/purchase.htm

I bought a single user, 1 year license though Esets' home page for 39.00. If I'd have known about there resellers discount I would have bought a Family Pack 2 Years license for $94.50. I think that's a great deal.

Question is why doesn't Eset offer their Family Pack on their own web site? Anyone from Eset care to comment? Would there be a possibility to redo the purchase for a Family Pack?

If someone is interested in purchasing Nod32, go though a reseller for a much better deal. I take pride in the fact that I pay for products that I use including shareware, so no real sour grapes here. But if I only would've known, oh well.

Regards,

Jaws

2. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

as I understand it, the online ordering from Eset is being overhauled.

regardless of what is offered as a direct sale - there are 2, 3, 4 and 5 user family packs available.

regards

Greg

3. Jaws

Jaws Registered Member

Hi Greg,

Considering Eset isn't a huge corp., I would rather buy through Eset and let them keep all the profit to put into a better & better product. Since they don't offer family packs through their site, don't they have to split the profit with the reseller?

Sorry if you happen to be a reseller, no offense intended. Like I said, buy through a reseller for a better deal. I think Eset has a great product and I wish them well.

Regards,

Jaws

Last edited: Jun 16, 2005
  4. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

If a company (any company) takes a decision to use resellers, it's obviously going to have to make it worthwhile for the reseller - in return, those resellers become product advocates, sales team and in this case first line support for their customers. Seriously, the support is often MASSIVE in any organisation. I know I'd outsource my hosting business support if I could!

I appreciate what you're saying about profits being retained for future development, but someone, somewhere, deemed that a certain percentage of the product price could be shared with a third-party reseller in return for:

a. increased sales resulting from reseller advocacy and promotion
    b. a percentage of the support work being offloaded to the reseller

Actually, we are NOD32 resellers - but it's hardly a one sided arrangement - for either us, or Eset. Given the past/current strategies of using resellers, this will either continue if the model works, or change if it doesn't. Either way, the model as setup by Eset is obviously something that works to some extent for THEM, or it would be disbanded! ;)

regards

Greg

ps - no offense taken... ;)

5. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Eset actually recommend purchasing locally through a Reseller, local purchase for local support...

Cheers :D

6. Jaws

Jaws Registered Member

Hi Greg,

If you actually read what I said in my posts, I'm advising people to buy through a reseller, it's a much better deal.

Blackspear, if what you say is true then Eset should somehow make it more clear that people should buy through a reseller. I certainly would have considering the saving involved in purchasing through a reseller.

Thanks to both of you. I hope other people will read this post and support all of Esets' resellers.

In my opinion it's the best AV.

Jaws

7. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

The greater majority of sales around the world are through Resellers and Distributors, this is how Eset market their product.

Cheers :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.