False Positives

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by methusela, Mar 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. methusela

methusela Registered Member

As of todays update "Virus signature database: 4929 (20100309)", various games from ReflexiveArcade ([-reflexive.com/index.php?PAGE=GameList&SORT=Age)-], are being detected as win32/fenomengame... is this really correct?

For example, when downloading: -reflexive.com/JaneAngelTemplarMystery.html- I'm constantly pestered about it being a problem. Same for AzadaAncientMagic, and HiddenIdentityChicagoBlackout...

Scanning these files after download also suggests that they should be deleted...

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 9, 2010
  2. timid

timid Registered Member

Hi,

try to select the file that is being detected, and upload it on this website:

http://www.virustotal.com/

and share the output with us :)

3. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

Your games may have DRM which may be causing the flags.
    You may adjust your software for gaming performance yet, you will sacrifice security in lieu.
    Were the said games downloaded from a trusted site or a third-party site. Do not post back the links, they will be moderated, confirm if they were purchased from the Vendor site.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2010
  4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

FenomenGame is known to deliver advertisements. It's not detected as malware but as a potentially unwanted application or adware for that reason. I'm positive that a lot of other security applications detect it as well.

5. siljaline

From what I've read, the game downloader mechanism among others, surely, delivers a potentially unwanted application or, "PUA".

6. katgirl

katgirl Registered Member

I've been getting the same thing for the last couple of days. As suggested above, I scanned the file at virustotal.com. I've been using Reflexive.com for years, and never had ANY problem with malware or viruses from them. I'm pretty confident, from my past experiences with them, that this is a false positive. The results from virustotal: ~Virus Total results removed per Policy.~

NOD32 and Symantec were the only detectors in this list, and Symantec says that Suspicious.Insight is just a flag to unproven, or without reputation, sites: http://www.symantec.com/connect/blo...rity-suspiciousinsight-detections-virus-total

For now I am just turning off AMON and IMON monitoring while I download files. :(

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2010
  7. siljaline

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.