false positive?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Futurist, Jun 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Futurist

Futurist Registered Member

~Virus Total link removed per Policy~

nod32 last version xp sp3, on firefox.. I believe that i a false positve, i have send this file to nod but i 've not receive an answer..so i ask you =) the file is sessionstore 2 in firefox, i have checked by virustotal but nod32 is the only that has found it...strange...

tnx

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2010
  2. SweX

SweX Registered Member

I checked the VT link results, and it seems that the detection is Not a heuristic detection by NOD anyway. But if it is an FP or not is hard to say, though if ESET stays as the only vendor that detects it the chance it is an FP is higher. But let's wait for Eset's reply on this to be sure.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2010
  3. Futurist

thank you very much, but until now, i'll nvere receieve nobody answer form eset.. too busy =)))))))))))))9

so i prefer consider that with virustotal.. 40 antivirus say that i a FP and only nod32 declared a trojan...so.. for statistic... i prefer believe into the 40 responses =)))

tnx you

4. SweX

SweX Registered Member

Yes I know.

Sometimes it can take ages to get an answer from ESET, and if you are really unlucky you maybe don't get an reply until Monday after the weekend:)

But as I said, if ESET stays as the only vendor who detects the file, then it's more likely it is an FP.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2010
  5. Futurist

ok...=)))))))))))))9 thank you very much....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.