False positive

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by ALEX(XX), Sep 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ALEX(XX)

ALEX(XX) Registered Member

Good afternoon! Here some days NOD32 the executed file of anti-virus utility AVZ as probably a variant of Win32/Genetik wrongly defines. It creates weight of inconveniences as to developer and users, and system administrators who use this utility. Several days ago the sample of this file sent on samples@eset.com, but false detect till now has not been eliminated. The developer has appeared is filled up by a heap of letters from users. And in networks with established NOD32 it is necessary to add avz.exe in the trusted list (that does not guarantee preservation of this file at manual scanning.) It would be desirable, that the given situation has been corrected as soon as possible. Excuse me for my English.

Yours faithfully Alexey Baranov.

2. lucas1985

lucas1985 Retired Moderator

If my memory serves me well, Win32/Genetik and Win32/Pacex are the names that ESET uses for packer-based detection.

3. ALEX(XX)

ALEX(XX) Registered Member

Have already corrected. Many thanks to analysts ESET for excellent work. :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.