False Positive?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Acadia, Dec 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

I am trialing NOD32. Every time that I install NOD, it flags a file called wrsssdk.exe from Webroot's Spy Sweeper program as a baddie of some sort. Can I ASSume that this is a false positive? There are two reasons for me to think so: number 1. I trust Webroot, and number 2. Neither my regular AV, nor any of the other AV that I am trialing, nor AdAware, nor Spybot are flagging this file.

Thank you,
    Acadia

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

3. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

Thanks, Ronjor. Maybe NOD did not bother to fix this in the Trial version? (And yes, I did update the NOD signatures)

Acadia

4. und

und Guest

5. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

It only happens when I install the trial NOD, not at any other time.

Acadia

6. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Acadia, are you sure you are actually using the latest version 1.1332? I could't find any file wrsssdk.exe submitted via ThreatSense and still flagged as suspicious. It makes no difference whether you are a trial or paying user.

7. I had the same thing but It got fixed.

8. kjempen

kjempen Registered Member

Are you sure you're not trying to run an old NOD32 installer? If I remember right, the installers were updated not so long ago.

9. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

Ok, folks, thanks for the replies. If the installer or version was changed within the past 2-3 weeks, then yes, I might be using something old. If I purchase NOD I need to uninstall the trial anyway. Thanks.

Acadia

10. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

It doesn't matter whether you installed NOD32 2 weeks or months ago, if you have the latest update installed you shouldn't get any warning from NOD32 on that file.

11. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

Like I said, it only flashes that warning when I install NOD, not at any other time. I am constantly removing NOD and reinstalling it since I am also trialing other AV.

Acadia

12. Brian N

Brian N Registered Member

If I'm not mistaken, their installers gets updated once in a while, so maybe you should try and download the trial again.
    It could very well fix the issue you are experiencing ;)

13. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

then don't worry about it - in 30 days when the trial EXPIRES, you'll not be able to see the problem any more!

14. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

Yup, that's basically the attitude that I adopted. I just want to make sure that it was indeed a false positive and that question has been answered. Thanks. (to everyone)

Acadia

15. ragnarok

ragnarok Registered Member

try uninstalling it, reboot, delet ESET folder from the installed directory, try a good registry cleaner, download a fresh copy from eset website, and try again...:rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.