False positive - unable to ignore

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware beta forum' started by pwillener, May 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pwillener

pwillener Registered Member

I have been trying to run keyfinder, but ewido 4 beta prevents it. Whatever I select - Ignore, or Ignore and add to ignore list - I cannot run the program. I always get the same pop-up.

Not a big deal for me; I just wanted to report it.

2. vulfgar

vulfgar Registered Member

Same problem for me. I have an old program that I know is not infected, but some AV-programs and Ewido thinks it is. It works fine to put it in ignore-list, but after a cople of updates (not after every update) I get the same problem as pwillener. I have to make a new enter to ignore-list, or edit the old one, then it works again.

3. kjempen

kjempen Registered Member

False positive?

First of all, Ewido doesn't say that the file is infected. The named "detection" says: "Not-A-Virus", and in the name you can also read: "PSWTool" as in a tool, and not a trojan or worm or virus or spyware or adware or anything like that.

The reason for detecting an application like this? It could be that it can be used maliciously to steal CD-keys from Windows installations at work, schools, etc.

I suppose it is also possible to bind this together with a trojan and make a Windows cd-key stealer?

EDIT: But I agree, the ignore/exclude feature should work on this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.