False positive - PCAnyWhere

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by jeff-b, Sep 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jeff-b

jeff-b Registered Member

Hi all,

XP Pro SP2 (up-to-date)
    NOD32 v3.0.650.0
    Base des signatures de virus: 3402 (20080831)

Since v3398, or maybe the previous one, NOD block my PCAnyWhere Master v12.1

29/08/2008 14:40:06 Protection en temps réel du système de fichiers fichier C:\Program Files\Symantec\pcAnywhere\Winaw32.exe une variante probable de Win32/Genetik cheval de troie nettoyé par suppression - mis en quarantaine AUTORITE NT\SYSTEM Un événement s'est produit pendant une tentative d'exécution du fichier par l'application : C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE.

Works well before.

Thinking about a possible infection, I tried to desinstall/reinstall PCAW from CD. Impossible. Now, NOD block the Winaw32.exe within the CD !

Symantec Liveupdate says PCAW is up-to-date.

By unselecting options one-by-one, result seems : 'advanced heuristik' is blocking winaw32.exe within 'real time file protection'.

(Unsafe and Unwanted software can stay selected)

If confirmed, hoping this will be corrected soon.

Jeff.

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Hello,

Please compress the file with WinRAR or another common packer, protect the archive with the password "infected" and send it to samples[at]eset.com with "False positive" in the subject and a link to this thread enclosed as well.

3. jhwker

jhwker Registered Member

NOD32 deleted Winaw32.exe from my pcAnywhere installation also. I see that at least one other user over at DSLReports.com has reported the same problem. I excluded the pcAnywhere directory and restored the file. Also NOD32 wanted the file submitted for analysis so I did. May be a false positive...

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Please check the file in question with the current version (3406), it should no longer alert on that file.

5. jhwker

jhwker Registered Member

All is good with latest signature. No more false positive.

6. jeff-b

jeff-b Registered Member

Hi,

I'm just back to office this morning and reading this answers.

I confirm the problem is solved with this update.

Thank you for reactivity.
    Jeff.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.