False Positive on Juniper Network Connect 6.0

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by keiron83, Jan 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. keiron83

keiron83 Registered Member

Update 3748 triggers a false positive on Juniper Network Connect 6.0 software which causes our entire business network to collapse as we are dependent on switching between VLANS via network connect.

My question is: Is there any way of rolling back updates, or white-flagging the .exe file in question so our network is functionable by office hours(6-7 hrs) o_O
    I cannot wait for a new update to fix this problem, I need to fix this ASAP!!

The alert reads: "dsNetworkConnect.exe - probably a variant of Win32/Genetik trojan"

Please, help...

Last edited: Jan 7, 2009
  2. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

NOD32 has an exclusion list, add that file directly there. To actually get the problem fixed you will need to send the file in question zipped with a password "infected" and mailed off to samples("at")eset[dot]com with the subject "False Positive". Is that a possibility?

3. danieln

danieln Eset Staff

It is good to put this thread URL together to the subject and to write as much informations as possible – vendor, the site where it can be downloaded if possible. If there are more versions of the executable it is good when ESET receive more of them.

4. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England
    Guessing this got fixed quickly...I didn't get any calls last night from clients, I saw this thread this morning and VPN'd into a client with a Juniper SA box.

Using NC 6.1.0, my NOD 2.7 definitions are 3749....connected with no issues.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.