False Positive needing correction

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v4 Beta Forum' started by PatG, Jan 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PatG

PatG Registered Member

The site to download the skin program for AdvancedSystem Care is coming up as

"1/27/09 11:31:28 AM HTTP filter file http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/i...ads&req=download&code=confirm_download&id=138 Win32/Packed.Autoit.Gen potentially unwanted application connection terminated - quarantined"

This is a legitimate program, posted as sticky on a forum after approval, etc. Have submitted twice to support. How long does it normally take to over-ride a FP?

2. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

If you use the subject "False Positive" usually 1-2 working days or less.

3. PatG

PatG Registered Member

Thanks for the speedy reply! Will be watching my email for something from ESET about this.

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

It's not a false positive in the real sense of the word. It's an Autoit script that uses obfuscation exploited by malware to prevent antivirus programs from seeing the real content of the script. What's more, it's not detected as malware but as a potentially unwanted application. That means you have agreed with detection of such suspicious files by intentionally enabling this option. As of version 4, these are reported by a yellow alert window to emphasize that the file may not be necessarily malicious and the user can decide to keep it. In advanced settings of the yellow alert window, there's an option to add it to the exclusion list immediately.

5. PatG

PatG Registered Member

Thank you Marcos! Love learning things in my old age! Now, is there a way to "exclude" files such as these in ver 3? There wasn't an option to exclude when RED warning popped up. Reason I'm asking is because I am running v4 on desktop and 3 on laptop but running ASC 3 on both machines. Thanks for the tip!:D

EDIT: Sorry, but there is no "Advanced" button on the yellow alert window! Not on my ver4. Am I looking in the wrong place? This is when the window pops up, can only set the time it displays and transparency factor. Still cannot dl the file.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.