False Positive in my software, please help. part2

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by lqbweb, Aug 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lqbweb

lqbweb Registered Member

I was about to answer in my own thread when i found it closed. I have tried also to send a private message to the moderator but messaging is disabled, so sorry to open it again, but I think i have the right to defence me. This is all I have to say:

well, I'm starting to think that viral databases are spread and shared between antivirus companies as single point, without care or look any further. If others say it's a virus, then it always is? If everybody acts like it, then, what sense makes to be a different solution? is it fear to have the decision of what is a virus or what is not in charge of only a couple of labs?

My software is quite old (from 2004 in fact) and I have never cared about if it was being detected by antiviruses or if it's not.
    I suppose that due to the essence of my software, it has been considered as virus for everybody along this time. But now Im trying to change that, and I have succeeded with Dr.Web, Emsisoft, Ikarus and Sophos.

I admit my software have some suspicious features like keylogger, screen capturing, and so. But it is always installed intentionally and its not malicious.

Should we consider virus to every software which help us to monitor our own computers?

I am only asking for a bit of confidence and I beg you to install my software and analyse it a little bit further without care other antiviruses.

For me it's very important that a company like Eset reconsider my software, it would help me a lot to justify myself to other antivirus companies.

Thanks

Last edited: Aug 16, 2011
  2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

First of all, detection of the software is not "inherited" from other vendors. The software actually meets criteria for potentially unsafe applications (PUA). PUA cover commercial or otherwise legit programs that can be exploited for malicious purposes in the wrong hands.

Detection of PUA is disabled by default and can only be enabled manually by the user after installation. If somebody wants to use software classified as PUA while keeping detection of PUA enabled, they can exclude it from scanning as per the instructions here.

The discussion on this subject is closed as everything has been said and explained completely.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.