False Positive....DCSUserProt.exe ?

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware forum' started by moshster, Feb 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moshster

moshster Registered Member

Hello: Extremely novice user here

Have been using PG until lately on two different computers, Ewido online scan and AVG say dcsuserprot.exe is Trojan.small [1556] on one computer

[1540] C:\Program Files\ProcessGuard\dcsuserprot.exe
    AND C:\Program Files\ProcessGuard\DCSUserProt.exe copied exactly from Ewido with caps and non-caps

Six months of running PG--never ran into this---any adviceo_O
    I uninstalled PG to update with newest version---but after reading 90% of posts, do I want to go this route?

Any other advice would be greatly appreciated. At work, DSL into LinkSys router and two other computers feeding from router, but not networked. I am a title examiner and have to wear the I.T. hat b/c small company.
    Not that I wanted to, but I have spent 60 hrs per month for the past few months trying to keep crap out of the work computers.

Running Norton I.S. 2006, Ad-Aware, DCSWormguard , PG, PepiMk Netalyzer, Safer Networking Regalyzer, had linksys set up so NO incoming but not sure what other users are doing...

I took COBOL undergrad 1989 and am not a dummy, tried Tiny Firewall and ZoneAlarm---really confused where to go from here w/o becoming an expert...
    Thank you, frustrated in toledo

2. moshster

moshster Registered Member

Re: ProcessGuard - Is the free version strong enough?

running ewido again--found Trojan.small in C:\System Volume Information\_restore{BDA133EB-022C-4CC5-A578-7E1F0FB858B0\RP127\A0065707.exe which I recall seeing being submitted as a trojan.

Thanks for any help

3. karl.ewido

karl.ewido former ewido team

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.