False alarm for program(NewHeur_PE)

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Ahell, Jun 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ahell

Ahell Registered Member

Hello all!
    In my program's I'm used the same components for more easy debugging it.
    Example: When on user PC my program occurs exception, on my mail will be send(If user allowed that in program settings) a message with exception dump(exception info, call stack, stack dump, cpu registers, disassembled place of exception).

I'm can't compile my program with that component, because AV detect's a NewHeur_PE virus. Without component, compilation is successful.

Used component: MadExcept(from MadCollection).
    Discussion on MadExcept forum: http://forum.madshi.net/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=27308

I've attach two archives:
    1. normal.zip (without module) VirusTotal Check
    2. false_alarm.zip (with module. Password: alarm). VirusTotal Check

Please answer, what I'm need to do for resolve that small problem?
    Thanks, and sorry for my many mistakes in English.

P.S. ESET License: No licence, trial period(In normally i'm don't use any antivirus. Only freeware firewall, two hands and brains). That problem occurs only on ESET AV :(

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Using MadCodeHook is not recommended, we've discussed it several times at Wilders'. Please use the search function to find previous threads dealing with this detection.

3. Ahell

Ahell Registered Member

I'm use not commercial version on MadExcept.
    MadCodeHook also not installed. Isn't need for me.

4. madshi

madshi Registered Member

Funny. madCodeHook is licensed and used by more than 2 dozen security software companies around the world. Some of them very big and well known.

Anyway, Ahell does not use madCodeHook. He uses madExcept, which is a simple exception reporting component for Delphi programmers which has no drivers, no hook dlls, nothing "dangerous" at all.

This appears to be a simple case of a false alarm and I hope you guys will fix it quickly. Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.