Failure to recognize partitions in Windows XP on a MacBook

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Tim Koets, Jul 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tim Koets

Tim Koets Registered Member

I'm running True Image Home 9.0 on a MacBook with BootCamp installed so I can boot into Windows XP. BootCamp sets up partitions for the Mac OSX operating system, and another for Windows XP. The problem is that when I run Acronis in the XP partition, running in Windows, Acronis True Image does not recognize any partitions on the hard drive. I can back up files but cannot see any partitions when I try to backup using partitions.

Any suggestions on how I can resolve the problem?

Thanks!

2. Tim Koets

Tim Koets Registered Member

When I run Acronis True Image Home, I get the following error:

E000101F4: Acronis True Image Home has detected unsupported hard disk drives. Acronis True Image Home does not support Windows Dynamic Disks, EZ-Drives, etc.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Tim,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis True Image

Please be aware, that Acronis products currently do not support Macintosh computers neither in native mode nor in emulated environment (e.g. BootCamp and Parallels). So we do not guarantee consistency of your data, when you are using our software on platforms different form x86 and x64 PCs.

Thank you.
    --
    Fedor Kurbatov

4. dartrax

dartrax Registered Member

Hello,
    i've no problem with TrueImage on a Macbook pro. You must ensure that the MBR is allright (MBR is the way windows (and obviously TrueImage, too) recognizes all the partitions on your HD. The MBR gets build by bootcamp exclusivly for windows because MacOS doesn't need one)

But there is another problem, the Acronis BootCD doesn't work on Macbooks.
    Just for the case somebody else is searching for a solution:

Using the Acronis PlugIn for BartPE works perfectly on the Apple Macbook Pro :) And it's very easy to build a BartPE-CD, if you have purchased Acronis TrueImage 8 or 9 and have a Windows XP CD.

dartrax

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.