Failure to install AppDefend on trial

Discussion in 'Ghost Security Suite (GSS)' started by Green Giant, Feb 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Green Giant

Green Giant Registered Member

I have the full registered version of RegDefend installed, but wanted to try AppDefend before buying a licence for that.

Having shut down RegDefend by clicking on 'Exit' on the taskbar icon, I attempted to install what I then saw was the beta version of AppDefend, there seemingly being no final version of that software.

The installation failed as a certain entry could not be made to the Registry. I then had to use a registry cleaner (RegVac) as RegDefend had reverted to an earlier trial version when AppDefend was performing a rollback.

I could not find any guidance on this problem, so e-mailed Support at Ghost Security, wihout any response thus far.

2. Green Giant

Still no response from Ghost Security and I am reluctant to purchase a beta version product even with a supposed 30 day guarantee of money back.

Shades of DiamondCS?

3. Pedro

Pedro Registered Member

Put it in perspective.
    It's Sunday over here at least, and i would be the last one to be working on this holly day.

4. Green Giant

Thanks for the reminder Pedro!

I am just a bit impatient!

Green Giant

5. Pedro

Pedro Registered Member

I understand of course, and personally i would hold back on AppDefend for the moment. RegDefend seems quite capable and polished program, AppDefend as you know could take a while.
    It shows great promise, but should take a while. Just my opinion.

Cheers

6. Green Giant

Grateful thanks for your advice Pedro! I will sit back and await developments in AppDefend, especially as I do not want to be an involuntary beta tester.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.