Failure to install AppDefend on trial

Discussion in 'Ghost Security Suite (GSS)' started by Green Giant, Feb 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Green Giant

Green Giant Registered Member

I have the full registered version of RegDefend installed, but wanted to try AppDefend before buying a licence for that.

Having shut down RegDefend by clicking on 'Exit' on the taskbar icon, I attempted to install what I then saw was the beta version of AppDefend, there seemingly being no final version of that software.

The installation failed as a certain entry could not be made to the Registry. I then had to use a registry cleaner (RegVac) as RegDefend had reverted to an earlier trial version when AppDefend was performing a rollback.

I could not find any guidance on this problem, so e-mailed Support at Ghost Security, wihout any response thus far.
  2. Green Giant

Still no response from Ghost Security and I am reluctant to purchase a beta version product even with a supposed 30 day guarantee of money back.

Shades of DiamondCS?
  3. Pedro

Pedro Registered Member

Put it in perspective.
    It's Sunday over here at least, and i would be the last one to be working on this holly day.
  4. Green Giant

Thanks for the reminder Pedro!

I am just a bit impatient!

Green Giant
  5. Pedro

Pedro Registered Member

I understand of course, and personally i would hold back on AppDefend for the moment. RegDefend seems quite capable and polished program, AppDefend as you know could take a while.
    It shows great promise, but should take a while. Just my opinion.

Cheers
  6. Green Giant

Grateful thanks for your advice Pedro! I will sit back and await developments in AppDefend, especially as I do not want to be an involuntary beta tester.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.