Failed to Read/Write Sector 0

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by vilca, Dec 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vilca

vilca Registered Member

Have searched and read much info on this error but none seem to address my specific issue. I am running TI 8, latest build. Also just purchased Disk Director 9 to see if it could help manage this problem (to no avail, wasted $50). My Secure Zone is on drive E (Disk 3 SATA). Zone is recognized and I can load and unload the image easily and smoothly. However, whenever I try to resize or delete the image, I get the "Cannot Read to Sector 0 of Disk 3" and the "Cannot Write to Sector 0 of Disk 3" error messages. When ignored, it seems to finish the operation but on reboot it is status quo. I have tried unistalling, deleting, formatting, all to no avail. There has been reference to this being the case with an empty cqrd reader, but the error references the actual drive where the SZ resides.

Same error received in DD9 when I tried to delete the SZ partition. Please help. I am trying to delete the SZ from the internal disk so I can rebuild it on a new firewire external disk I just purchased. I thought it would be so easy.

Thanks...vilca

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello vilca,

Thank you for purchasing Acronis software (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/).

We are really sorry for the incoviniences.

Are you able to delete Acronis Secure Zone in Disk Management ("Control Panel" -> "Administrative Tools" -> "Computer Management")?

Thank you.

--
    Ilya Toytman

3. vilca

vilca Registered Member

I tried to delete it via the Computer Management console but it didn't let me. The message was: "the disk configuration utility did not complete. Check the system event log for more information about the error. Verify the status of your storage devices before retrying. If the does not solve the problem, close the disk management console, then restart disk management or restart the computer." Of course, I try all that and still the same message.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.