Failed to load control 'chameleon Button

Discussion in 'MRU Blaster Forum' started by Frustrated, Jun 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frustrated

Frustrated Guest

I just installed MRUBlaster. I'm running Win98SE, NortonSystemWorks 2002 + Norton AntiVirus (Latest update apllied yesterday), and Zone Alarm 2.6.

When I try to scan, (either manual start or thru scheduler), MRUBlaster locks up the computer. When I check Ctrl+Alt+Del, I see numerous reps of "MRUBlaster not responding".

When I reboot, I get the msg: "Failed to load control 'chameleon Button' from. Your version maybe outdated. Make sure you're using the version that came with your application."

The only file on my computer that begins with "cham" is "chaml.res"

What's the deal with the mysterious 'chameleon Button'? I would appreciate any advice. Thanks!

P.S. I tried to post this under my registered name (mac94:cool: when I'm logged in, but I keep getting an error msg. saying that there is already someone with the same user name. Any hints?

2. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

Please drop me an email - addy is in my profile.

regards.

paul

3. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

If it is any help at all:

Regards,

Pieter

4. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

That is indeed a control embedded in the program - I'm not sure why you are getting a version error (as there is no external file that could be outdated).

Could you please post any more details about your system, such as any other programs you might have running in the background? Have you downloaded the latest patches/security updates? What version of IE do you have? TIA. :)

Best regards,

-Javacool

5. Frustrated

Frustrated Guest

Besides what I originally indicated, the only this running in the background are std. Windows and WordPerfect stuff. See attached PrintScreen of Ctrl+Alt+Del.

IE is ver 6.0.2800.1106

I supply the above to satisfy you're curiosity, however it's a moot point for me. I uninstalled, downloaded the .exe file again, reinstalled, and everything seem fine.

However, while I have your attention: Does MRUBlaster scan multiple drives? Or do I have to install on each?

6. Frustrated

Frustrated Guest

How do I attach the Print Screen of Ctrl+Alt+Del from my computer?

7. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Actually, image files can only be attached to posts if you register as a member here. If you do register then this FAQ explains about image posting.

However, much better than showing an image of the Task Manager, actually posting the contents from Startup List 1.52 (link to download site) provides much more information.

StartupList from the above link is a zip file... You download it, unzip it, and run the program StartupList.exe contained within. This will give you a long list of system configuration information which you can copy/paste into a post here if you'd like.

8. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

I'm glad to hear it seems to be working now (it is possible you got a corrupt download originally).

MRU-Blaster scans (for the most part) the registry, as that is where the majority of MRU lists are stored. Thus, if you have multiple versions of Windows installed on your PC, and thus multiple registries, you will need to install MRU-Blaster on each. If you just have one version of Windows, but multiple drives, it won't matter - one install will do. :)

Best regards,

-Javacool

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.