Failed to get the latest updates

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by ngjackie, Aug 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ngjackie

ngjackie Registered Member

I've failed to get the latest updates since 5/8/2008.
    The version of my Nod32's virus signature database is currently 3327 (20080805).
    When I clicked to update, it returned a message, saying that "Update of the virus signature database not necessary".
    But when I checked out Eset.com for virus signature database updates, the latest version of virus signature database has been released - 3338 (20080807).
    Can somebody tell me why I failed to receive the updates?
    Thanks in advance.

2. nonoise

nonoise Registered Member

what version are you running, is it trial version...? did you try Clearing update cache (v3)?

3. ngjackie

I'm using ESET NOD32 Antivirus Version 3.0.621.0.
    It's a trial version version.
    I just tried clearing update cache, but it doesn't help.

4. nonoise

nonoise Registered Member

there were some troubles recently with updating trial versions, NOD32 2.7 trial versions are still not updating, but NOD32 3 trial should be updating without any problems, or so they claim. Try pressing 'Update virus signature database' for 60, 70 times. I know... :gack:

5. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

I'll need to check your configuration, I'll drop you a PM. From the configurations I have received so far, it turned out that the problems with updating were caused by something else than by our servers (e.g. expired license, misconfiguration of update profiles, etc.)

6. ngjackie

I've been clicking the same button to run a update, but none of my tries helped.
    I'm now tired of doing that stupid thing.
    I hope this problem can be solved as soon as possible.

Just now, I ran through the threads and saw some people complaining about NOD32, for example, it fails to detect some infected files and so on. Is it that bad?

7. mantra

mantra Registered Member

i tried to update the v 2.7
    but i can't get the update

it download 2 day ago 1 file of 10.000k
    yesterday another file of 10.000

engine0.nup the same file :(

8. jayce

jayce Registered Member

hi,
    i also have had problems for 2/3 weeks trying to update nod32 v.2.
    I was stuck on update file 3301. Win.Sec.Centre alerts advised Nod32 had not supplied update file.....so after reading a post on here i went into nod32 to update manually.....and kept getting the `up to date message`!!!...On the 10th attempt i was able to get update file 3339!!!...woohoo
    All i can suggest is to keep hitting the update button until it decides to let you have the update file.....hopefully before you smash something...lol
    Hope you have the same luck!
    Ja

9. mantra

mantra Registered Member

but what i did not understand
    is
    l like nod32 2.7
    i don't like nod 3
    can i continue to use nod32 2.7 and upgade?
    or is a must upgrade to nod32 v3?

10. Marcos

Please read my PM, I haven't received a reply from you yet.

11. Marcos

PM sent to all those mentioning update problems in this thread. We'll need to check your configuration to make sure the update parameters are set up properly.

12. ngjackie

I have sent the file to you. Please check out your mailbox. Thanks.

13. ja71

ja71 Registered Member

I just found an interesting thing...

When I manually download the update.ver file from a trial-server with my web-browser, renames it to .RAR and inside the update.ver file is dated 2008-02-19 and contains only about 10 rows of information.

Example:
    Code:
    http://u49.eset.com/eset_eval/update.ver
    Seems like the trial servers don't get information on new updates.

Could this be a clue to all the problems?

14. lilylirium

lilylirium Registered Member

I have version 2.5 and I am stuck in update 3302. Whenever I try to do it manually it tells me it is already updated, I've tried it several times. If someone could reply, it would be great, this has been going on for too many days.

15. NetTraveler

NetTraveler Registered Member

Well I'm sorry to tell you this, but I don't think there is one single program on market today that will detect and clean all infections..
    I used to be very happy with other great program till the day I got infected to degree where I had to reformat and do a fresh install. I think NOD32 is great coz it's easy on system resources and detects most of rubish other programs fail to do. Still you can never be 100% safe. Try tweaking parameters in advanced setup.. I thought I saw tutorial someplace..

16. spiketoo

spiketoo Registered Member

Marcos, I realize every config is different but whay cant you just provide a unilateral example of how some of the 'update parameters' may be mis-config'd, along with what ESET recommneds as the 'proper config'.

17. Marcos

One of the configurations I saw didn't have a primary nor secondary profile selected. I've asked that guy to delete the default update task and recreate it, or simply reinstall EAV. Then everything should work fine and EAV should update automatically or manually at the first attempt.

18. spiketoo

spiketoo Registered Member

Can you explain how you can not have a primary profile selected? My version defaults to My profile and frankly, I do not see how to unselect it.

19. ramremo

ramremo Registered Member

I have made the 1'st & 2'nd profiles as "MY profile" is this correct or noto_O ??

20. Marcos

If you plan to use only one update profile, leave the secondary profile blank.

21. ngjackie

Shall I reinstall it and see?
    I hope I won't need to because I'm too lazy to restart my PC several times and wait for updates.

22. Marcos

Ngjackie, I sent you a PM with instructions yesterday, but haven't heard from you yet. A fresh installation is an option, but I'd prefer if we could avoid it and you send me your configuration as I've asked you for in my PM ;)

23. ngjackie

Well, I'm reinstalling my ESET NOD32.
    I'm too lazy to send an email.
    I'll tell you the results.

24. lilylirium

lilylirium Registered Member

Well, I finally got my updates after clicking what seemed to be 533 times :p ... I hope this doesn't happen again because it's not helping my carpal tunnel.

25. Marcos

Could you please clarify whether you have a full or evaluation version installed? I assume you have v. 3, could you tell me the exact number, such as 3.0.667?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.