Failed to determine corresponding partition for path...

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by piliffe, Nov 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. piliffe

piliffe Registered Member

I'm running Windows Vista Home Premium with Acronis True Image Home 11 [BUILD 8101].

I am attempting to run a scheduled task to backup a share on another PC. Everything seems to go okay, as I receive "The operation was successfully completed.". Yet when I view the event log I notice the following 'warning'...

Failed to determine corresponding partition for path '\\SERVER\SHARE'
    Backup operation will not snapshot that path

I have five tasks setup, all of which are to backup share's. Three tasks are to backup shares on another PC to another disk drive on the PC running Acronis. Two tasks are to backup shares on the PC running Acronis to another hard disk on the same PC.

Am I doing something wrong? Has my data still been backed up? What exactly do these warnings mean?

Thanks kindly for your help.

2. piliffe

*BUMP*

Is anyone able to help with this at all please...?

3. piliffe

*BUMP*

4. K0LO

K0LO Registered Member

Do I understand this correctly? Are you running Acronis TI 11 on, let's say, PC #1 and trying to use it to back up a partition on PC #2?

If so, this won't work. TI Home can only back up partitions on the PC that it is installed on. You would need one of the Acronis Enterprise products to back up partitions on a remote PC. I believe, however, that you can back up files and folders on a remote PC using TI Home, but not partitions or disks. You would need to select a "My Data" type of backup.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.